Views
Helpful
Replies

84 Beta Available

Salil Prabhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Release 8.4.100.0 (8.4 Release)

We are pleased to announce the availability of 8.4 Beta (future 8.4.100.0). If you are interested in participating, please fill this form:

http://cs.co/84Beta

New Features Introduced :

• ATF on Mesh
  • FlexConnect for AP-COS - QoS Override
  • FlexConnect for AP-COS - NAT/PAT
  • FlexConnect for AP-COS - Proxy ARP
  • ISE Simplification
  • Mobility Express - Expert View
  • Mobility Express - Support for 802.11v./r config
  • Mobility Express - Hidden SSID flag
  • Mobility Express - Operational Troubleshooting
  • Mobility Express - AVC
  • OpenDNS Integration
  • Enhanced Support for HyperV
  • PRP Over Wireless
  • IPv6 EoGRE Flexconnect Tunnel
  • Domain based ACLs
  • RLAN 802.1x support for 702w
  • Mobility Express - Support for MAC white lists
  • Mobility Express - External Webauth
  • Mobility Express- Scale Increase
  • Mobility Express - Plug and Play with Cisco Cloud
  • Mobility Express - Export logs/core
  • TrustSec Phase II

9 Replies 9

dwrice000
Level 1
Level 1

Does this beta code support the 1560 series as of today?  And 1560 in mesh mode?  If not, any plans to?

Hello, The 8.4 will support 1560 in local and. Mesh mode. Regards, Salil

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I also have some wishes for improvement in the area of usability. Maybe they are already done in 8.3, but I don't know that.

Browser: Chrome

Issue: everywhere where it's possible to set a filter (Monitor -> Access Points -> Radio ..., or Wireless -> Access Points -> Radio -> ..., or or or), the filter windows will pop up at the bottom of the page, instead of a place where it's visible.

Issue: After entering a filter criteria, for example AP name, make it possible to apply it by pressing Enter, instead of only having to click on Apply

Issue: After clicking on a filtered item, for example Wireless -> Access Points -> All APs -> Apply some filter -> click on the found AP -> hit the Back button on the top right, the filter is sometimes gone now. I can't always reproduce this though.

Issue: In the view Wireless -> Access Points -> Radios -> either 802.11a/n/ac or 802.11b/g/n a lot of columns are presented, so it's required to scroll right. This is fine for me, but the button for the additional options, like "Configure, Detail, 802.11aTSM" shouldn't be on the far right side, it would be more intuitive if it would be in the second column, right after the AP name. This is in several places of the WLC GUI an issue.

Issue: Wireless -> Access Points -> Radios -> either 802.11a/n/ac or 802.11b/g/n -> scroll right to the options button. This button has a mouse over function, this is not touchscreen compatible. Better present three separate buttons for each option.

That's it for now, I will add some more if I remember them ;)

It would be great if you could address some of those issues, I think they are quite a time waste for many people. For me the filter window causes the highest amount of anger by scrolling typing clicking scrolling clicking and every time switch from keyboard to mouse and back.

Just remembered one more.

Issue: The columns, for example under Monitor -> Access Points -> Radio ... aren't sortable. It would be great if that was possible to sort every column.
I know this is possible in the new "basic view" and it's great!

[edit]

And one more.

Issue: In the new basic view (and probably also other places) under Monitoring -> Network Summary -> Top WLANS the graph shows a nice summary of the SSIDs with the amount of currently connected clients and usage. It doesn't show over which timeframe this "usage" was created. I wonder if it's the last 24hrs, since the WLC was rebooted, ...

thanks for the feedback.

sdavis1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Salil, I just filled out the form if you could publish that software for me.

i will be testing the mesh functionality on 1562-E Access Points.

thank you,

Steve

sdavis1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Salil we are having issues with the 1562-E Mesh. I have TAC Case: SR 682130233 open and they have confirmed that the configuration is correct, however we cannot get Mesh APs to connect to Mesh via wireless backhaul (no switch uplink). Can you assist with this please?  

Hi guys, did you manage to resolve that 5Ghz backhaul issue? I think I am having the same issue.

Thanks.

Regards,

You can ignore this, I just saw that you opened a new topic for this question.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card