cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8510 8.0.140.0 linktest packets received not iqual to Sent

rafafilho11
Level 1
Level 1

I've a WLC 8510 version 8.0.140.0 showing linktest packets received just 1, that information is showing for all clients.

(Cisco Controller) >linktest ma:ca:dd:re:ss:20:01

Link Test to ma:ca:dd:re:ss:20:01
Link Test Packets Sent.......................... 20
Link Test Packets Received...................... 2
Local Signal Strength........................... -56dBm
Local Signal to Noise Ratio..................... 37dB

getting "Link Test Packets Received 1 or 2 only for all clients.

11 Replies 11

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

And do you have any issue other than this link test utility which might also depend on client firewall settings?

The issue happens with all devices on the network, IOS, Android and Windows devices.

What issue?

Link Test Packets Received is not iqual to Sent

(Cisco Controller) >linktest ma:ca:dd:re:ss:20:01

Link Test to ma:ca:dd:re:ss:20:01
Link Test Packets Sent.......................... 20
Link Test Packets Received...................... 2
Local Signal Strength........................... -56dBm
Local Signal to Noise Ratio..................... 37dB

Maybe that is normal for that client.  I have tested that and some just fail and some are different and some are 20/20.  Are you seeing an issue with the clients at all?  I have never used that to validate client issues to be honest.  I wouldn't worry because, these are pings and initial pings to a device can generate a no response in time.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

That's not happen with just one client specific, it's happen with android, windows etc.

Maybe it can be related to the controller version 8.0.140.0  or controller time UP.

But do the clients have any issues at all?

Some disconetions, that not seems to be related.

Probably not no. For that to troubleshoot we need more information like:

Does it happen to only one client or multiple (different models)?

Only when roaming?

Signal reception good?

Since how long does the problem happen?

Client load balance or Band select features active?

Could you capture a 'debug client macaddressofclient' on the WLC while it's happening and post it here?

When you say "not related", so there is really no issues that clients are experiencing?  Why not compare with a ping from a laptop or the switch.  It has nothing to do with the controller uptime, if you think this issue is with the code you are running, then upgrade it or downgrade it.  I'm also assuming this has been running for a long time since you are on a very old code.  You might also want to look at the wireless matrix and see what code your ap's support and look at upgrading in the lab or a spare controller to test.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

rafafilho11
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, it seems anyone saw that little bit issue before.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card