cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

881g-4g firmware

davidchulpayev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi so ive recently got a second hand 881g-4g cisco router and i need to get the latest firmware for this device...and since im not a cisco costumer i cant realy download it from their site

who can help me get this firmware please 

thank you

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@davidchulpayev wrote:

Hi so ive recently got a second hand 881g-4g cisco router and i need to get the latest firmware for this device...and since im not a cisco costumer i cant realy download it from their site

who can help me get this firmware please 

Just want to be clear, you want us to commit copywrite infringement?   

Actually i got an email from their support saying i should ask in here that maybe someone have the file i need...if you cant help than you dont have to answer firend

@davidchulpayev wrote:
Actually i got an email from their support saying i should ask in here that maybe someone have the file i need

1.  If you were able to contact Cisco "support", would you happen to have the reference number

2.  Unfortunately, only those who have a valid Service Contract can download the firmware.  

Just as i said because im not a cisco costumer i cant download from tgeir direct site...anyway if some one can help will appreciate it..thanks

As has been pointed out Cisco software is under license and it would be illegal to share that software.  Anyone doing so would risk legal and commercial sanctions from Cisco.

I can't even see what you're asking for on the Cisco site.  Presuming you're referring to model C881G-4G-GA-K9 (it always helps to be specific) there is no 4G modem software listed for it: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286259485/type possibly because it's end of sale (albeit not end of support yet) https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/800-series-routers/eos-eol-notice-c51-741424.html.  It is already a year past the last date for software maintenance though.

If you know what model of modem it has installed you might be able to find the equivalent firmware under the High Speed WAN interface cards https://software.cisco.com/download/home/279259693.  Then once you have a filename you could try searching for it.  You could also try the modem vendor directly - sometimes they supply OEM firmware but use that at your own risk as that can sometimes brick the modem because it's missing Cisco specific changes that Cisco may have applied for compatibility with their routers.

Ok thank you good to know

Do you have the exact filename of the file you want (HINT:  Look at the Cisco website). 

What happens if you use a web search engine with that filename?  

c800-universalk9_npe-mz.SPA.157-3.M8.bin

Haven’t tried to search in google actualy

@davidchulpayev wrote:
Haven’t tried to search in google actualy

Google is your friend.  Search for "c800-universalk9_npe-mz.SPA" and see the result(s).

Thank you
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card