cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800-40 WLC with 1572 AP in Local Mode not broadcasting SSIDs

toy.thompson
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if anybody has the same issue or if I should open a TAC?

The network includes:

• 2 x C9800-40-K9 WLCs running Gibraltar 16.2.1 in HA cluster
  • 10 x AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9 Mesh APs in local mode registered successfully with the WLC
    • 4 x AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9 APs uses PoE draws power from AIR-PWRINJ1500-2 Power Injectors
    • 6 x AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9 APs uses PoE draws power from multiple C9300-48UN-A switches
  • 386 x AIR-AP4800-E-K9 APs in local mode registered successfully with the WLC

The AIR-AP4800-E-K9 APs are all working and broadcast all the relevant SSIDs

My problem is the following:

• None of the AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9 Mesh APs broadcast any SSIDs, I add them to the same Policy,Site and RF Tags as the AIR-AP4800-E-K9 but they  still don't broadcast any SSID and I cannot associate to any of them
  • None of the 2.4GHz radios on the AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9 Mesh APs are operational. They have all been enabled and the the 802.11b network have been enabled but the radios on the AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9 Mesh APs stays DOWN. 2.4GHz radios on the AIR-AP4800-E-K9 are all working.

Not sure if I'm missing something or if I missed a configuration step before I open TAC.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@toy.thompson wrote:

WLCs running Gibraltar 16.2.1 in HA cluster

Not sure if I'm missing something

Before contacting TAC, kindly upgrade the firmware to something more recent, say 16.12.3.

Apologies...currently running Gibraltar 16.12.2s

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can you share the show tech from one of the affected AP? 

what is the power status that the WLC is reporting for those APs

powerAP.png

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

I have managed to resolve the problem. The RF Tag was too long. I created a new shortened one and it resolved both the SSID broadcast problem as well as the 2.4GHz radio down problem. Thanks for the help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: