cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800-CL 17.3.6 Release Date?

NewCiscoGuy1
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering is anyone has an idea of the planned 17.3.6 Release Date?  We just received 80 9120 v07, which apparently have new hardware in them that requires new drivers only in 17.3.6+.  I know there is a Beta version, but don't really want that in production.

Any information out there on this?  Also really wondering the specifics that were changed in the 9120 and other access points (I assume network card), but can't find specifics.

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First week of October 2022.

If you are comfortable with 17.6.x release, then 17.6.4 is out there and fixed that issue (if you are referring to below).
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/724/fn72424.html 

In the long run, 17.6.x got more lifetime compare to 17.3.x release.

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

I still have 2702 APs out there (these 80 are to replace them).  Need a transition OS.

If you are going to replace all your older ap's, then look at newer code version, you don't have to stick to v17.3.x if you don't.  Take a look at this link which can help explain the various versions and last support date.

Amsterdam 17.3

Cisco IOS XE 17.3.x is a long-lived train with several MRs planned. 17.3 is the last Cisco IOS-XE release for C9800 WLC to support IOS APs (with the exception of IW3700 which is still supported on later releases). Cisco recommends 17.3.5b CCO image  for all deployments with IOS APs.

17.3 End of Life Bulletin has been announced with last planned MR due by March 31, 2023. Use this timeline to plan your migration to 17.6 release

Recommended Cisco IOS XE Releases for Catalyst 9800 Wireless LAN Controllers - Cisco

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Rich R
VIP
VIP

If you need to deploy now use the interim release.

If you can wait a few weeks then wait for 17.3.6.

As soon as you've got rid of the 2702s plan to move to 17.6.4.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card