cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800 HA (standby Port Status)

Questions
Level 1
Level 1

I am planning to install 9800 with HA configuration.

It's Active-Standby.

When configured as a port-channel, what will be the status of the port-channel of BB connected to standby 9800?

suspended?? stand-alone??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Both EtherChannels will come up.

In the diagram you showed, upstream switches are in a VSS pair, so logically it is one switch.

Even in the scenario where you have HSRP pair (Active WLC port-channel go to one switch & standby WLC port channel goes to other switch), you should see both EtherChannel remains up

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Refer here HA config :

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-1/deployment-guide/c9800-ha-sso-deployment-guide-rel-17-1.pdf

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/213915-configure-catalyst-9800-wireless-control.html

device connect to port-channel always up (if I understand the question correctly)  - there is no suspended or standalone, (if you building LACP pot-channel)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

스크린샷 2022-07-13 오후 4.22.38.png

I saw the PDF. I'm going to install it like this picture.

I asked because I wanted to know the interface status of BB that connects to 9800 standby in advance.

Both EtherChannels will come up.

In the diagram you showed, upstream switches are in a VSS pair, so logically it is one switch.

Even in the scenario where you have HSRP pair (Active WLC port-channel go to one switch & standby WLC port channel goes to other switch), you should see both EtherChannel remains up

HTH
Rasika
*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: