cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

9800-L-F SFP 10G Interfaces wont connect

AdamStewart0400
Level 1
Level 1

I have the exact issue as the below post, albeit with different switches. The WLC side always comes UP/UP.

C9800-L-F-K9 ans Switch 3750x, no connect - Cisco Community

WLC port - Te0/1/0 connected trunk full a-1000 1000BaseSX - Te0/1/0 unassigned YES unset up up
3560 port - Gi0/15 * Connection to UK notconnect 1 auto auto 1000BaseSX SFP - GigabitEthernet0/15 unassigned YES unset down down

I have tried different SFP modules LH-SMD/SX-MMD from different revisions, different switches 3560-CX/3850 and the result is always the same. 

For something so basic, I am at a loss. I could use the 4mGig ports to continue but this would be undesirable due to our core being a 4500-X.

Have I missed something blatantly obvious? Docs suggest - 2x 10 G/mGig ports. This mGig port supports speeds of 10G, 5G, 2.5G, and 1G. SFPs are compatible. Ver is Amsterdam  17.03.04c

Any ideas would be appreciated 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich R
VIP
VIP

"show run int Te0/1/0" on the WLC?  If you have "negotiation auto" configured change that to "no negotiation auto" - as it's not supported.
If that's the problem take a close look at the logs - it tells you but some of the messages are a bit cryptic/badly worded.
Presumably the same applies to the switch port.

The other post you linked never got a solution but the config there does show "negotiation auto" so I reckon that was the cause.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rich R
VIP
VIP

"show run int Te0/1/0" on the WLC?  If you have "negotiation auto" configured change that to "no negotiation auto" - as it's not supported.
If that's the problem take a close look at the logs - it tells you but some of the messages are a bit cryptic/badly worded.
Presumably the same applies to the switch port.

The other post you linked never got a solution but the config there does show "negotiation auto" so I reckon that was the cause.

Hi rrudling, thankyou for the reply.

both sides are set to no negotiation auto/ switchport nonegotiate. switchport mode trunk.

Even in the 'down/down4662135#M244803.png state' on the 3560-CX, making changes to the interface impacts the Link state of the WLC's Te0/1/0 port.

rrudling,

Thankyou for the pointer.

I see where i have made my mistake.

After enabling DTP debug i have realized this nonegotiate auto is not related to DTP at all. Running the command 'speed nonegotiate' on the switchport brought the trunk into life. 

Many Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card