cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A Copper and a Fiber SPF's in a WLC 5520

James_1
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if I can use a Cisco GLC-T-10G SFP (Copper 10Gig) in one port and use an SFP-10G-SR (10Gig Fiber) in the other port? or does it have to be the same media in both ports.

I know the Documentation says it only supports GLC-T SFP's, but i have a few GLC-T-10G in inventory, I wanted to check before I submitted an order.

Thanks for your help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

These controllers SFP compatibility is strict. If the document says it will work with only a certain SFP models, that is the only model it is going to work. (as an example, 9800 RP ports, Cisco specific particular Cisco SFP model, I tried 3rd party brand SFP of the same type, did not work)

Anyway, you can give it a try.

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GLC-T must be on Port 1 for SFP to work. 

GLC-TE is not going to work -- It MUST BE GLC-T.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

These controllers SFP compatibility is strict. If the document says it will work with only a certain SFP models, that is the only model it is going to work. (as an example, 9800 RP ports, Cisco specific particular Cisco SFP model, I tried 3rd party brand SFP of the same type, did not work)

Anyway, you can give it a try.

HTH

Rasika

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GLC-T must be on Port 1 for SFP to work. 

GLC-TE is not going to work -- It MUST BE GLC-T.

James_1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply everyone. I guess im rescheduling my maintenance this weekend until i get the supported SFP's in.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card