cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

A Copper and a Fiber SPF's in a WLC 5520

James_1
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know if I can use a Cisco GLC-T-10G SFP (Copper 10Gig) in one port and use an SFP-10G-SR (10Gig Fiber) in the other port? or does it have to be the same media in both ports.

I know the Documentation says it only supports GLC-T SFP's, but i have a few GLC-T-10G in inventory, I wanted to check before I submitted an order.

Thanks for your help.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

These controllers SFP compatibility is strict. If the document says it will work with only a certain SFP models, that is the only model it is going to work. (as an example, 9800 RP ports, Cisco specific particular Cisco SFP model, I tried 3rd party brand SFP of the same type, did not work)

Anyway, you can give it a try.

HTH

Rasika

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GLC-T must be on Port 1 for SFP to work. 

GLC-TE is not going to work -- It MUST BE GLC-T.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

These controllers SFP compatibility is strict. If the document says it will work with only a certain SFP models, that is the only model it is going to work. (as an example, 9800 RP ports, Cisco specific particular Cisco SFP model, I tried 3rd party brand SFP of the same type, did not work)

Anyway, you can give it a try.

HTH

Rasika

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

GLC-T must be on Port 1 for SFP to work. 

GLC-TE is not going to work -- It MUST BE GLC-T.

James_1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply everyone. I guess im rescheduling my maintenance this weekend until i get the supported SFP's in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card