Views
Helpful
Replies

Abort Reason:DOT1X RESTARTED DUE TO EAPOL-START/CLIENT ROAM

KAIABOSS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have 2 SSID and it works with pre share key and now i want to create 2 SSID to replace the olds for more security.

One SSID will be with authentification  certificate and the other one will be with MAC address for the smartphone. 

On the first I created a simple authentication without certificat. The users who are in the AD groups "G_CorporateWifi_BlachereGroupe" will access to the network so the authentification will be with their login and password (PEAP) by RADIUS.

I don't see anything on the RADIUS and there is no communicate between WLC and RADIUS. So I checked the controller's logs.

here are the logs from the controller:

*Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_6: Jun 26 15:08:21.380: %DOT1X-3-ABORT_AUTH: 1x_bauth_sm.c:487 Authentication Aborted for client 18:1d:ea:64:0f:6e Abort Reason:DOT1X RESTARTED DUE TO EAPOL-START/CLIENT ROAM
*Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_6: Jun 26 15:08:05.359: %DOT1X-3-AAA_AUTH_SEND_FAIL: 1x_aaa.c:848 Unable to send AAA message for client 18:1d:ea:64:0f:6e
*Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_6: Jun 26 15:08:05.299: %DOT1X-3-ABORT_AUTH: 1x_bauth_sm.c:487 Authentication Aborted for client 18:1d:ea:64:0f:6e Abort Reason:DOT1X RESTARTED DUE TO EAPOL-START/CLIENT ROAM
*Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_6: Jun 26 15:07:40.082: %DOT1X-3-AAA_AUTH_SEND_FAIL: 1x_aaa.c:848 Unable to send AAA message for client 18:1d:ea:64:0f:6e
*Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_6: Jun 26 15:07:31.806: %DOT1X-3-ABORT_AUTH: 1x_bauth_sm.c:487 Authentication Aborted for client 18:1d:ea:64:0f:6e Abort Reason:DOT1X RESTARTED DUE TO EAPOL-START/CLIENT ROAM
*Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_6: Jun 26 15:07:01.104: %DOT1X-3-AAA_AUTH_SEND_FAIL: 1x_aaa.c:848 Unable to send AAA message for client 18:1d:ea:64:0f:6e
*Dot1x_NW_MsgTask_6: Jun 26 15:07:01.063: %DOT1X-3-ABORT_AUTH: 1x_bauth_sm.c:487 Authentication Aborted for client 18:1d:ea:64:0f:6e Abort Reason:DOT1X RESTARTED DUE TO EAPOL-START/CLIENT ROAM

informations about the controller: Cisco 2500 Series Model 2504

Software Version8.5.135.0
Field Recovery Image Version

thanks,

Regards

12 Replies 12

KAIABOSS
Level 1
Level 1

WLANs Configuration: see attached file

Radius authentification configurations: see attached file

shared key "kaiaboss"

Radius NPS server configuration: see attached file

More info about NPS config:

http://uat.aventistech.com/cisco-wlc-peap-with-windows-nps-server/

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

I also did this configuration but it is not working. There is no communicate between controller and NPS (see attached file)

You checked the box "Radius server overwrite interface"--> Do you need this or not ? if not then uncheck the box.

and try again.

I unchecked this box but it doesn't work . I have always the same errors in the controller's logs. (see attached file)

RADIUS Servers
RADIUS Server Overwrite interfaceEnabled

see attached file

Hi,

I have always the same problem. 

see attached file for the controller's logs

Does the WLC have a route to the radius server?
Do you have any CPU ACLs which could be blocking the radius?

WLC has a route to the radius and the ping is ok.

I will try to desactivate the windows FW and try again. may be windows defender block

KAIABOSS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

All is working well now. I migrated the server on the new network. We were using an old network (192.168.0.0/22) with HP Core but it was a black box for us. The configuration was so bad and we decided to migrate on the new network 10.0.x.0/24) with cisco meraki and FW PaloAlto. So I could see the packet into FW and I opened the necessary rules and then I could see the message on the NPS 's evenments. 

So the WLC's configuration was correct, NPS's configurations were correct. I not realy want to waste my time to investigate the old network. 

Thanks all and thanks you very much @Sandeep Choudhary 

Best Regards

Emre Ozel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have encountered the same problems and errors.

I noticed that I typed the wrong character in the shared secret area.
The problem was resolved when I entered the same shared key on the Cisco ISE and WLC side.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card