cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access-point 1131G registration issues on Wireless controller over Layer3 transport mode.

pankaj_cisco111
Level 1
Level 1

There are set of 1131G access points which belong to different segment  than management couldn’t be registered on Wireless Controller (Catalyst 6509 WISM). However access points allocated in same range of management network is easily registering on controller. I have created AP-Manager interface which allowing Dynamic AP-Management. Once I’m creating dynamic interface on Controller which pointed to Layer3 interface of APs vlan, the controller starts deducting those access points as not-joined APs  and displaying following messages. Please suggest.

Lwapp discovery request rejected.

Layer 3 discovery request not received on management VLAN.

4 Replies 4

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Pankaj,

Here is the bug ID..

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCti54658

Please create a seperate Dynamic interafce and then see what happens as per the bug work around..

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the post which answered your question or was usefull

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Surendra,

Problem still exists. It starts giving above error after creating separate dynamic interface for APs. Access-points join statistics simply disappear once I remove dynamic interface.

Regards,

Pankaj

So that means you have configured DHCP option 43 as well? if we have seperate Dynamic interface?

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Pankaj,

can you please post a "show interface summary" of your Wism so that we can see clearer and also explain in which subnet are the problematic APs.

Thanks,

Nicolas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card