Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point Interference with Speaker

abbasali5
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We will be installing Cisco Access Points C9130AXE-B in the excercise room and basketball court.  AP will be installed at the eleavation of 15'.  Will it interfere with Speakers at the same height?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@abbasali5 wrote:

Is it possible to tune the access points to avoid interference with speakers?

It is not just "interference" that you should be looking out for.  Some speakers have "WiFi" in them so the manufacturers can easily sell the product even if the speaker's WiFi NIC is a PoS.  

Do a proper/diligent research first.  WiFi speakers are a pain to integrate to an enterprise network because they operate in their own set of rules.  

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Is the speaker running on wireless?

Hi Leo,

I don't know since it has not been decided yet. Can you let me know either way.

@abbasali5 wrote:
I don't know since it has not been decided yet. Can you let me know either way.

Then make sure the speaker is WIRED and your initial problem goes away, yes?  

If you want trouble, then install wireless speaker and "interference" is the least of your problem.  Think "multi-cast".  

Thanks Leo,

So for my knowledge, Wireless speakers could also work, but might cause some issues.  Is it possible to tune the access points to avoid interference with speakers?

@abbasali5 wrote:

Is it possible to tune the access points to avoid interference with speakers?

It is not just "interference" that you should be looking out for.  Some speakers have "WiFi" in them so the manufacturers can easily sell the product even if the speaker's WiFi NIC is a PoS.  

Do a proper/diligent research first.  WiFi speakers are a pain to integrate to an enterprise network because they operate in their own set of rules.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card