cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Point not showing down

nethack009
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4 cisco controllers & each controller as certain number of AP’s. For Example, as per the below screenshot if you can see 131 AP’s are in UP state, Incase 10 AP’s are down its not showing in the “Down Status”.

The access point which are down not showing in wireless controller as down, its showing as up that is troubling us in daily operation.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please add more info or screen shots.  If an AP isn't joined because it's down, I have never seen the controller show that that AP is up.  Also provide the code your running and ap models with the screen shot and also data that tells us it's down.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

what  i want to know is if a connected AP is goes down which was working earlier,if its went down how we can know it was down through wireless controller.

I have faced the issue few times,the access points may hard down but in controller it will show all access points up in status.

if i have 100 access points and if 5 goes down wireless still shows 100 in up status.

Open a TAC case because I have never ever seen that happen. If you issue a show AP summary, that will show you all the APs that are up just like in the GUI.  Both are probably a 5 second delay when the AP goes down.  If for example you unplug an AP from the switch and issue a show AP summary, you should not see that AP after 5 seconds.

if on the GUI your looking at the AP join summary, well that is the wrong place to look.

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card