Replies

Access Points 1852 Randomly Rebooting

dimosatteia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi to all

Access Points 1852 suddenly starts to reboot without obvious reason

AP Running Image     : 8.8.111.0

I have 15 Access Points 1852 connected to WLC 3504 with same version of image 8.8.111.0

Half of them they are connected for one month without a restart and the other half reboots after 15-30 minutes

As long as the AP is UP everything working fine.

I have made a WLC restart with no luck.

There is no any change of configuration in WLC for a long time now.

Please guide me with troubleshooting step.

Regards,

Dimosthenis

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should open a TAC case for this issue. If you click on the wireless tab in the GUI, the last AP shown is the latest to join. If you click on the AP, on the main page display for that AP, you will see the uptime (powered up) and the join time (how long it has been joined). There you can tell if the ap lost power, rebooted per say, or just lost connection to the wlc.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Are they all connected to the same PoE switch?

No they are connected to different switches (all of them are 2960X)

Does the controller show the APs are rebooting?

In which tab/option i can see this?

You should open a TAC case for this issue. If you click on the wireless tab in the GUI, the last AP shown is the latest to join. If you click on the AP, on the main page display for that AP, you will see the uptime (powered up) and the join time (how long it has been joined). There you can tell if the ap lost power, rebooted per say, or just lost connection to the wlc.
-Scott

UP Time
Controller Associated Time
Controller Association Latency

It’s the first two you should look at. The uptime and associated time should be close unless the AP was rebooted.
-Scott

I agree with Scott.
Raise a TAC Case. The AP is crashing and they need to find out what is causing it.

I have done it already.

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card