Views
Helpful
Replies

accidentally turned on AAA / Radius for management users

apeacock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Currently in the process of trying to setup AAA for our WiFi on our WLC so that users have to authenticate.

The problem is I have accidentally added 'management' to the options for who to use the radius server for and now I can't access my WLC via the web interface or GUI! Even connecting via a console cable, it doesn't work. My local login credentials are just denied.

I think I might have changed the order of the management user priority in the AAA settings, so that 'radius' was higher than 'local'.

My AD accounts synced with the Radius server aren't working for it, but it works for the WiFi.

Please could someone advise how I can resolve this?

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As you probably don't yet use Radius for anything, check if you can disable the radius service on the radius server, so that it doesn't anymore reply (marked as dead). Then, if you left "local" in the priority list, you should be able to login with your previous credentials. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As a work around you may try to configure a management account on Radius and then revert the settings if you can then logon to the controller , or else if configuration was not saved - reboot the controller. Or else re-image and restore 'none aaa'-configuration from backup.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As you probably don't yet use Radius for anything, check if you can disable the radius service on the radius server, so that it doesn't anymore reply (marked as dead). Then, if you left "local" in the priority list, you should be able to login with your previous credentials. 

Thanks, this works perfectly.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card