Views
Helpful
Replies

Adaptive FT in C9800

mnkojima
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I enabled Adaptive FT in a WLAN of a C9800 and noticed that roaming is slower (I tested through a Teams videocall while walking on the entire office floor). Do I need to wait some time so the access points reorganize the RF coverage, DCA, TPC, etc?

Thank you

Marcos

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think so.  Keep in mind that if you run into issues after making a change or changes, it might be due to device not supporting that feature you enabled.  There are some specifics to enabling FT like if you wanted to use WPA3 as an example.  Not every feature works well depending on your devices and environmnet.  If you notice this issue, I would think other users will and eventually folks will start to complain.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you Scott.

We are using 'WPA2+WPA3' along with 'adaptive FT'. WLAN card vendor says that supports 802.11r. Do you see any issue about this scenario?

Anyways, I will monitor the environment. If the issue persists, I will disable 'adaptive FT'.

Regards,

Marcos

Take a look at the recommendations in this guide for WPA3.  I'm not implementing WPA2+WPA3 for transition, because I did run into issues.  I have separated WPA3 to only 6GHz and kept WPA+WPA2 on 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ.  Again, look at the guide, do some testing with various device on the network and get feed back from users.  

Hope this helps.... that guide is what I have been using for testing and during my implementation of WPA3.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sorry, did you share a file or link to the guide?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card