Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add extra license for 100AP in WLC 5508

Good day people,

I have a question regarding license in a wireless controller.

We have 2 AIR-CT5508-K9 Controllers with both a license for 100 AP.

I want to add in both an extra license of 100AP.

My question is, if i purchase these license can i just add them in the controllers using MANAGEMENT-> Software activation-> Commands -> install license.

Thanks a lot for the answer!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You will buy the license but will receive a pak number. You then will have to go into the license portal to register that pak number to a WLC which means it will be tied to the serial number. Once you enter that info, you will then be able to download the license in which you now can go to the gui to install that.  One license can be registered only to one device.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes... you will need to use the pak file they will send you and then you will register that pak to the serial number of the WLC and then you will be issues the license.  That is where you will upload the license, but it will also require you to reboot the system.

License portal:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/Quickstart

-Scott

-Scott

Ok, i understand half.

What do i need to do at the License portal ?

It's not like i get the license and use MANAGEMENT-> Software activation-> Commands -> install license.

and then will be finished, or i need to do something first at the license portal ?

Never done it so thats why i want to know exactly ow it works.

Thanks for your answer Scott

You will buy the license but will receive a pak number. You then will have to go into the license portal to register that pak number to a WLC which means it will be tied to the serial number. Once you enter that info, you will then be able to download the license in which you now can go to the gui to install that.  One license can be registered only to one device.

-Scott

-Scott

Thanks Scott, now it is all clear to me.

Regards,

When you purchase the license, they will mail or email your the pak file and it will have instructions on what you need to do. It's pretty straight forward once you go through it once. 

-Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: