cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin Lobby fails after entering username & password

karolkarol1
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason when trying to access Admin Lobby using interface IP, the users get prompted for credentials but as soon as correct username and password is entered the page fails with "This page isn't working" or "no response from website" depending on a browser. This was tried on different browsers, different devices (mobile/desktop), different IOS versions and even different WLC (same model). When users deliberately type in incorrect username or password the prompt shows up again so the WLC recognised the mistake. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? 

7 Replies 7

Wifi_Eshwar92
Level 1
Level 1
Is it working if you use the management ip address of the controller?

Yes it does, management IP is the only one that actually works. All other interfaces are failing as soon as correct username and password is entered.

Has anyone managed to get the Lobby working on any interface other than Management? Is there a setting I'm missing?

You can access and login lobby admin only via Management IP address. You can’t login with other interface IP address please.

please let us know why you want to access the interface IP other than management for your login access?

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

The customer wants access to the Admin Lobby from their corporate network (WLC has a dedicated interface on that subnet to allow that). This has previously worked however the WLC has failed and was replaced with a new one. There is no way to retrieve the configuration from 1st WLC and the engineer who set it up is no longer with the company...

Why do you think there is no way to log in with other interfaces? Do you have anything to back it up? When they browse to IP on the WLC it prompts for username and password so it seems like it should work but something causes it to fail.

Hi Karol,

Am bit confused here, Just tell me which of my understanding is correct.

Understanding 1: Users will connect to WiFi once they connected to WiFi they are trying to access the WLC via Management IP address. That time its getting failed.

Understanding 2: There is one more interface configured in the WLC apart from the Management interface. Clients will connect to WiFi and then they will try to access the WLC via that Specific interface IP.

Please post the output of debug aaa all enable, while trying those users trying to login.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

There is wired LAN on the site which is used by the admins. Admins are managing 2 wireless networks and for that, they use admin lobby on the WLC. To allow access to the lobby there is an interface on the WLC but whenever they browse to it, the page fails after username & password is entered. The walk-around was to give them access to Management IP. I will not have a chance to run the debug until I'm back from my annual leave. Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: