Views
Helpful
Replies

Admin Status for Rogue AP

PRASAD BAIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

We have 1242-AG series AP which is configured in Rogue Detector mode. After adding this AP to WLC its showing Admin Status of AP as Down.

When i am trying to enable the Admin Status its giving me following error

" Admin status cannot be enabled for AP in Rogue Detector mode".

Any suggestions on how to enable Admin Status for Rogue Detector AP.

Thanks

Prasad

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When an AP is in Rogue Detector mode, it's radios are disabled.  It does not service any clients, it listens to ARP on the wire and passes this information on to the WLC.

HTH,
Steve

-----------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

I have the same issue, my Rogue Detector that I configured has an Admin Status of down . Cisco can you answer if this is correct and due to the radio being not used ? This post was never marked as Correct .

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Rogue Detection under Unified Wireless Networks

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_white_paper09186a0080722d8c.shtml

This may help along with Steves answer

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Prasad,

It seems your AP set to Rogue detector mode. With this mode the radios can not be enabled.

You need to set the AP mode to local mode (the default mode for the APs).

To do so you need to go to (from GUI) Wireless tab -> Your AP -> general tab -> AP mode.

Change the mode from the list to "Local".

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wait until you get your hands on the 3600 and new new "dedicated" Rogue detector (coming out by the end of this year) module!

With the new module, you can allow the WAP to service clients AND enable rogue detection as well.  Requires 20.0W PoE power, though.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card