Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-ANT1728 mounted next to a 3G-ANTM-OUT-OM / Air - 3G

CliffWPayton1
Level 1
Level 1

IMG_1023.jpg

We have a vehicle with an AIRONET1300 wirless bridge and an outdoor antenna that looks like the AIR-ANT1728 for wirless point to point between two vehicles.   I say looks like because I have no documentation as to what it actually is.

We have a 2800 router/HWIC-3G-CDNA-S 3G card with the small indoor antenna 3G-ANTM1919D for remote access to the cell phone towers.

I want to buy a larger antenna for the 3G and move it outside of the vehicle.

My question is if I buy the 3G-ANTM-OUT-OM can I mount it outside on the same pole within inches of the AIR-ANT1728 ??

It seems one operates in MHZ and the other in GHZ but i'm not sure what mouting two strong itms like that together will do.

Thanks
C

6 Replies 6

CliffWPayton1
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody knows the answer to this??

Cliff,

Since you are on a different frequency you should be okay. I can't really see the other antenna on your pic, but just make sure they are not blocking each other. Personally I would put them on a separate mount, but that's me. I suppose everything is working okay your just adding the cellular?

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott  Thank you

Are you a CDW rep?

Yes we have the 3G currently but are using the mini antenna that comes with it.

It is very unclear what amount of cable comes with the  3G-ANTM-OUT-OM

In on picture I see a spool of cable and the other a tiny lead

I'm an engineer no sales for me:). It looks like it comes with 3' of cable.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I agree.  Should be fine, but how close is the "disco stick" from that metallic vent?

Its an optical illusion.   The vehicle with the antenna is in a bay.  They metal vent is a part of the building 15 feet or more away.  We will only use the antenna when deployed outside the building.   I will mount the 2nd antenna on the opposite side of that 2" pole sticking out.   It looks like a satellite dish pole mount to me.    Thanks for the reassurance im going to buy 4 antennas and have them installed soon.   Now if I can only find a part number for the Cisco extension cable. TNC i believe.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card