cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-ANT2566D4M-R with AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9

Villian123
Level 1
Level 1

I'm recommending the AIR-ANT2566D4M-R antennas with AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9 Access Points and want to know if there is a "pig tail" connection required to allow them to work together?

AIR-AP1572EAC-E-K9 Access Points have four (4) N-type female external antenna connectors

AIR-ANT2566D4M-R antennas have RP-TNC (with coupling ring)

What cable is recommended to link the two devices?

Paul

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You can always find adapters from other vendors by just searching. Outdoor access points use the N-Type and you typically always want to use an antenna with N-Type because that is outdoor rated. Cisco has an antenna reference guide along with the ap data sheet which shows the supported and recommended antennas. At the end it’s up to you, but indoor antennas are not meant to be used outside.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott

I’ll take this on-board, many thanks.

The D4M-R patch antenna is the external version of patch antenna (as far as I’m aware).

Paul

There are companies that sell LMR cables and ends that can customize cables for you, or you can build cables yourself. We had installers whom had to tools to crimp, however, you are going from RP TNC to N which is only available in an adapter. Just make sure you have a drip loop and use coax seal if ever exposed to moisture.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Paul,

Since Antennas: AIR-ANT2566D4M-R and AIR-ANT2566D4M-RS, already have antenna cables along with them, you should be requiring only an N(m) - R(f) adapter from Cisco to get it to working. The part number would be: AIR-ACC370-NM-RF

Below snippet that I created for one of my deployment for ease of reference.

RP TNC cables on Outdoor APs.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: