Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-ANT5195P-R Antenna supported Access Point

mohammed-amjad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have Cisco AIR-LAP1252AG-A-K9 Access Point and AIR-ANT5195P-R 5GHZ Antenna and i dont have Wireless Lan Controller so i have converted from LAP to AP with this IOS Image (c1250-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JDA.tar) now the access point is working but AIR-ANT5195P-R 5GHZ Antenna is not working with this access point.  How to work this antenna with this access point?  Can anyone help me this issue.

Thanks,

22 Replies 22

Hi,

I am sorry I have sent you the old configuration in the new configuration I have configured antenna transmit right commands. When I connect through my laptop I could not see 5GHZ signal because the antenna is beside me and I am getting low signal and this signal is coming from 2GHZ. When I disable the 2GHZ radio I could not see any signal and ssid.

Thanks,

There must be something we're missing.

Can you take output of "show controller d1" and also a screenshot of your laptop not seeing the 5ghz signal ?

Nicolas

Hi,

Please find the above attachments of Show controller d1 and Tech-support. Please have a look on that.

Thanks,

Your access point is in America regulatory domain and on channel 64.

What is your client wireless adapter ? Does it support America domain ? does it support channel 64 ?

You can try to set the "channel 40" command on the dot11radio1 interface too to see if that would help maybe.

Nicolas

===

don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Dear Sir,

Sorry for the delay, please find the above attachment and my client wireless adapter is Broadcom 802.11b/g WLAN and i don’t know this card will support American domain or not and about the channel 64 also. Please solve my issue.

Thanks,

Mhhh, wouldn't the fact that your client is 802.11b/g and that your have a 802.11a antenna ring some kind of bell ?

Dear Sir,

I have now AIR-LAP1252-AG-A-K9 access point and this is belongs to America Domain. I need to support to Middle East Domain. Can America Domain Access Point will work in Middle East Domain? Please help me.

Thanks,

Middle East is following the ETSI regulation so it's European domain.

Meaning powering up your -A access point is illegal. Your responsibility to do it or not.

It cannot be software changed, it's hardware certified for America domain.

Nicolas

===

Don't forget to rate answers that you find useful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card