Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP-1562I-E-K9 not joining the controller

fikadu abdisa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello There,

I have an issue with cisco outdoor AP AIR-AP-1562I-E-K9 being not joined the controller. All indoor APs joined the controller perfectly and their MAC addess is detected. outdoor AP MAC address is detected on the controller and after a few moments it generate an error message saying AP having MAC address(74:b..........) currently not joned with this controller. What is the issue and how can i fix it?

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
With outdoor access points you need to add the MAC address to the max filter in order for the ap to join the controller. The install guide for the 1562 provides the instructions to do that.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott i will try that

can you share the OS version of WLC? also if any logs from AP side.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

8.10.130.0 - WLC OS version

8.5.131.0 - outdoor AP OS version.

I will share the log when i get into site

how about logs from WLC side

also try command "capwap ap mode local" in ap and try

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Okay i will try the command and will share you logs from WLC side

I tried the command and it says it is already in local mode

the controller we are using is Aronet 1830 series mobility express. Does it support AIR-AP-1562I-E-K9 outdoor AP?

Yes - refer to https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html#mobility_express_solution

Actually, no, in your case - as per the release notes
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/810/release_notes/b_ME_RN_810.html#me-supp-ap 
1560 series is only supported as primary AP (WLC) not as a subordinate AP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card