Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP 2802E stuck in board selection,

josip.kralj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Together,

i have got an AIR-AP2802e on my table, which has the following issue. When the AP is powered on it, immediatly stops even before u-boot, asking for board-selections from 1-5  (1= 3k, 2=2k new, 3=2k proto, 4= Milos, 5=3KH) you have no other choise than to press a number (for this AP it is 2 =the Barbados 2K). After that the AP boots normaly and you can Login conefigue etc. without Problem. When the AP is power-off and you reconnect the same issue appears. I have already taken an printenv in u-boot mode and compared them to the other working AP's there is no difference.

The Problem is, this is one of the two AP's running the Mobility Express (8.5.140) wlan-controller (in the past this was the primary). So the current Infrastructure does not have any backup at the moment because the rest of the AP's are CAPWAP's

and not capable to run ME.

I have found out, via logs that  i have anaylzed, that the college had try to reset this AP before, and he bootet the AP in u-boot  where he executed the following commands:

-> resetenv

-> clear_board_env

-> saveenv

-> reset

the currently printenv from this AP is:

u-boot>printenv
BOOT=part1
CASset=max
ENABLE_BREAK=1
FACTORY_RESET=0
MALLOC_len=5
MANUAL_BOOT=0
MEMORY_DEBUG=0
MPmode=SMP
autoload=yes
baudrate=9600
bootcmd=nandboot
bootdelay=3
cacheShare=no
disaMvPnp=no
eeeEnable=no
enaClockGating=no
enaCpuStream=no
enaFPU=yes
enaMonExt=no
enaWrAllo=no
eth1addr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
eth1mtu=1500
eth2addr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

eth2mtu=1500
ethact=egiga2
ethaddr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
ethmtu=1500
ethprime=egiga2
fdt_high=0x2000000
image_name=part.bin
initrd_high=0xffffffff
limit_dram_size=yes
loadaddr=0x02000000
loads_echo=0
mtddevname=fs
mtdids=nand0=armada-nand
mtdparts=mtdparts=armada-nand:1m(oops),1m(reserved),-(fs)
nandEcc=nfcConfig=4bitecc
netretry=yes
partition=nand0,2
pcieTune=no
pexMode=RC
stderr=serial
stdin=serial
stdout=serial
yuk_ethaddr=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

2 things i am concerned about. First i assume the problem is the executed command "clear_board_env" and the second is "fdt_high=0x2000000" should no been there.

So how can be the executed command "clear_board_env" be corrected (in which way or how), from the u-boot help i assume this could be propably done via "prog_flags".

How can the "fdt_high=0x2000000" value be deleted from the u-boot env  variables

Kind regards

joe

1 Reply 1

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Try this:
https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-wireless-mobility-subjects/2802i-flashing-green-solution/td-p/3046307

Your bootcmd is already set correctly, but maybe another variable is wrong.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card