cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1231G-E-K9 keep rebooting (Urgent)

ney25
Level 2
Level 2

hi NetPro,

this AP keep rebooting ,any idea ? i have set to factory default , but still the same.

pls see the attchment.

Regards,

Jackal

9 Replies 9

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

Did this just start on its own, or after a code/hardware upgrade/update?

The output interpreter says that at least one of the reboots was to load new firmware into the radio(s).

How many times did it cycle before you stopped it?

Let us know

Scott

Hi Scott,

yes, IOS has been upgraded. this Ap keep repeating reboot.. none-stopped.

i cant console into AP as well .....

regards,

Jackal

I'd probably start by down-revving the code back to where you started or reloading the new code.

If I had to toss a dart to diagnose, I'd say you either have incompatible hardware (too old maybe or different national version) or one of the code modules (like for the radio) is corrupt.

Good Luck

Scott

rseiler
Level 3
Level 3

Just one AP is rebooting continuously or are all of the APs rebooting?

What switch is the AP connected to and what is the switchport config?

What switch is the controller connected to and what is the switchport config?

Hi ,

actually this is not operational AP, i used this AP to for WDS, so this AP is not connected to any network.

regards,

Jackal

bauti1428
Level 1
Level 1

I would open a TAC for this and they should be able to tell you what exactly is going on with thee AP. What IOS version di you upgrade it to? What was the previous version?

rpettersen
Level 1
Level 1

>this AP keep rebooting ,any idea ?

I have seen the exact same problem and my solution was to take out the radio module and insert it again.

When you say you took out the radio module and inserted it again, just how exectly did you do that? I might have to do the same thing!

Regards

Hi all, I am also facing the same problem with my AP. It keep on rebooting after every sometime and when I check the cpu utilisation once it is back, I find it to be high (>85%). I have just upgraded the IOS in it but did not help. Put the config of the existing working AP, it did not work.

Thanks and regards,

Gaurav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card