Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1252AG-A-K9 VLANs Configuration

hi Friends,

i have question related to my work with one of Cisco AP and i figure out that this is as good as any place to post my question

what i need to configure is to use the Cisco AIR-AP1252AG-A-K9 to broadcast two wireless network one Internal for Our Company to use at 5GHz and the Second for our Guest to use at 2.4GHz, i wanted to separated the two network by two different VLANs (231 for our Internal and 232 for our Guests).

Could this be accomplish without any changes at the end hosts (guest should be able to connected to the wireless normally and received a DHCP IP Address)?

The hardware connection is as following: 

Cisco 2851 --> Brocade FWS-POE Switch --> Cisco AIR-AP1252AG-A-K9

The DHCP Pool is on the Cisco 2851 and i have sub-interfaces toward the Brocade FWS Switch, the brocade have his port toward the Cisco 2851 in Dual-mode (like trunk in Cisco world) with VLANs 1, 5, 231 and 232 (both Cisco Router and Brocade Switches using dot1Q encapsulation) and finally the port on Brocade Switch toward the Cisco AP is also Dual-Mode with VLANs 1, 231 and 232. (Vlan 1 is the untagged/Default VLAN on the 3 Devices)

now i think my configuration is not correct on the Cisco AP, if someone could gave me the commands need it to preform what mention above on the Cisco AP i could adjust  my configuration and let you guys know if it's working or not.

Many Thanks My Friends

2 Replies 2

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

You can do it.

check these posts:

https://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/05/24/multiple-ssid-configurations-on-autonomous-ap/

http://mrncciew.com/2012/10/24/multiple-ssid-config-on-autonomous-ap/

please also post your conifg so that we can try to modify it if something is wrong.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks Sandeep for your post i am not using MSSID but it's still helpful.

It turn out that my configuration for the Cisco AP is correct and the problem is with the Brocade Switch.

i had to do a small lab for testing to be sure:

i used 1841 as my Router/Gateway and the DHCP Server for the hosts that will be connected through the Cisco AP.

i used 2960 as my Switch between the Cisco Router and Cisco AP (this is a None-PoE Switch so i used a power supply to power the Access Point.

it turn out that the brocade have a limitation when it come to using the default VLAN i had to change the default VLAN to different number then 1 and it start working correctly.

default-vlan-id 3000

Cisco Switch:

interface FastEthernet0/2

switchport mode trunk

switchport trunk allowed vlan all

Note: the Cisco Switch is running IOS Version 15.0(2)SE6 so there is no isl encapsulation only the standard dot1q (which is what we need).

Brocade Switch:

vlan 231

tagged ethe 0/1/47 to 0/1/48

!

vlan 232

tagged ethe 0/1/47 to 0/1/48

!

interface ethernet 0/1/47

dual-mode

!

interface ethernet 0/1/48

dual-mode