cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1252AG CISCO ACCESS POINT NOT PICKING UP IP ADDRESS

jbalaggan
Level 1
Level 1

I have a  air-ap1252ag-e-k9 access point, when I plug it in and connect to my  network it does not pick up an IP address from the DHCP server.  Also  the LEDS are producing the following colours:

Ethernet: flashing green
Radio: flashing red fast

Has  anyone any ideas what the problem could be, my dhcp server is not  picking up the access point which is cabled into my router.

3 Replies 3

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Looks like insufficient inline power... please check the below link...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_21a_JA1/configuration/guide/scg12421aJA1-chap22-trouble.html#wp1088135

Power up the device using external power supply.. in the mean time make sure the VLAN is mapped to switchport.. also, wat do we see on the console of the device??

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Hello

I already have the access point connected to the external adaptor.........so cannot be a power issue ?

As  for your other comments I do not understand as I am a beginner in this area please explain in simpler terms.

thanks

ok.. then may be something else.. the second part means.. if you connect to the AP using the console cable (blue colored cable) what do we see?? is the AP in AP: prompt or AP# prompt??

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card