Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1832i-E-K9C is dual-band or dual-radio

albertofdez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I had thought that the air-ap1832i-e-k9c model was a dual-band device, but I have seen in the datasheet that it speaks of dual-radio, do you know if this model is dual-radio?

If it is dual-radio, why does it appear at 0 in the Access Point Summary?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the controller says of "dual-band" it is talking about APs that can support Flexible Radio Assignment.  

APs like the 2800, 3800, 4800, the new Catalyst 91XX APs support "dual-radio":  When operating normally, the AP presents with one 2.4 Ghz and one 5.0 Ghz. 

The 2.4 Ghz is a "dual-band" because there is another micro-5.0 Ghz.  If FRA is enabled and the 2.4 Ghz is congested, the WLC turns off the 2.4 Ghz and enables the micro-5.0 Ghz radio.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When the controller says of "dual-band" it is talking about APs that can support Flexible Radio Assignment.  

APs like the 2800, 3800, 4800, the new Catalyst 91XX APs support "dual-radio":  When operating normally, the AP presents with one 2.4 Ghz and one 5.0 Ghz. 

The 2.4 Ghz is a "dual-band" because there is another micro-5.0 Ghz.  If FRA is enabled and the 2.4 Ghz is congested, the WLC turns off the 2.4 Ghz and enables the micro-5.0 Ghz radio.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the information, I understand then that the AIR-AP1832i-E-K9C model is dual-band and does not support dual-radio.

Regards.

I do not use AP1800 so I cannot determine (without looking at the confusing Data Sheet) if this model supports the 5.0-micro radio or not.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card