cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1832I-F-K9 mobility express cannot utilize channel width setting

jdso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, as the title suggest, I would like to change the channel width wider for 5ghz

Change several setting in the GUI, and it shows 40MHz (2ch, attached), strangely, using wifi scanner, all channels width are still 20MHz (only 1 ch) 

Run wifi scanner in several android devices and all show only 20MHz. Tried to run another wifi router (mikrotik hap ac2) to thest channel width displayed on wifi scanner, and the wifi scanner can display the correct channel width, consistent with the setting in the mikrotik.

Kindly advice & thanks in advace 

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Why not select all the 5ghz channels and let the AP decide which channel to bond. When you test, make sure you test using the same channels. This eliminates any issues with the device not supporting specific channels.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

jdso
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott, thanks for your suggestions. Tried it, but somehow, 5ghz channel width still stuck at 20Mhz on wifi scanner.

Whlie trying your suggestion and some other things in RF Optimization, seems that settings in Advanced RF Parameters don't really work. For example, channel width, Select DCA Channel ( tried disable ch36, but after boot, one AP still occupying it).

Another thing observed, after config reset(tried that, reload firmware, etc) if configured using CLI, seems 802.11ac don't work, and managed to make it work again by resetting config and configure using GUI (mobilityexpress.cisco).

Firmware installed is 8-10-130-0 (also tried 8-10-105-0, same issue with ch width).

Look forward for further advice and I hope it is not to early to wish everybody a happy new year.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card