Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP1832I-S-K9 Mode Standalone

huypd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a question, does the AIR-AP1832I-S-K9 support mode standalone?

I saw " Standalone " in deployments Mode, but in the software I can't find to download autonomous mode ( Only Lightweight and Mobility Express ).

Please explain for me. Thank you guys!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That would not be a good idea for one. Also, you cant have them in the same network which is stated in the deployment guide. Standalone is very old and no longer really recommended, if you have to go with ME, then do that or else look for a 2504 or 3504 that is used.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
All access point from the x800 series’s do no longer have autonomous mode supported. It is documented in the data sheet what features are supported. So you will need a controller or run the aps with Mobility Express. I’m not a fan on ME to be honest.
-Scott

Embedded Wireless Controller on Catalyst Access Points (9100 series APs) is much better than ME.
ME has a tendency to run out of memory on some APs when you start enabling features.

Hi mr Scott Fella, thank you for helping me.

But how can i deploy a network wireless, with 5 access point in the same network ( Sample: 192.168.1.0/24 ) but they don't join each other. Each access point controll it self?

You need to read the ME documentation!
One of the APs operates as a controller for the other APs.
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise-networks/mobility-express/index.html

That would not be a good idea for one. Also, you cant have them in the same network which is stated in the deployment guide. Standalone is very old and no longer really recommended, if you have to go with ME, then do that or else look for a 2504 or 3504 that is used.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card