AIR-AP1852I-I-K9 doesn't broadcast SSIDs

Vencola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone, 

I have couple of Wireless Access point:

model: AIR-AP1852I-I-K9

boot image: 8.10.142.0 and also tried 8.5.140.0

I made a factory reset to the access point, and reconfigured it, then created an SSID but it never broadcast it. 

the AP was joined to a different controller >> same issue (not broadcast) 

the AP now work as a virtual controller itself, and the AP joined to itself controller >> same issue (not broadcast the SSIDs)

really appreciate your help. 

7 Replies 7

Do you see the Radio interfaces are in "up" status.

If not, it may be a hardware failure

HTH

Rasika

Radio interfaces are in "up" - still no SSIDs broadcasting

Image 49.jpg

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Which controller-model is this ap connected too ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

the AP itself works as a controller and joined to itself

AP model: AIR-AP1852I-I-K9

ME Image: 8.10.142.0

screenshot 

Image 56.jpg

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So you now have it configured as a Mobility Express access point?  Are you able to connect it back to a controller for testing, much easier?  Have you validated the country code that you set on the controller or on the ap during the setup?  Also time has to be setup right in order for the ap to join the ME controller.  That is the tricky part of ME or EWC, the controller is separate from the access point.  If your show ap summary shows the ap, then might be an issue with your config or the ap itself.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes, I've tried to convert it to CAPWAP only and join it to a different controller >> but go the same issue.

how can I validate the country code? currently it is set to EG (not working) tired (US) - not working too. tried DE (Germany) >> not working too.

the AP already joined the controller, but not SSID broadcasting. 

Image 57.jpg

If you look at the label on the bottom of the AP, the country code for that ap is defined there. From the title of your thread, AIR-AP1852I-I-K9, it shows an “I”. You can also console into the ap and during the boot up, you will see the ap model version and the radio versions. From your screenshot, it also shows an “I”.
Take a look at this compliance tool and search or -I. Then you need to define one of those countries on your controller. Keep in mind that the ap should be located in the correct country for compliance reasons.
Wireless LAN Compliance Lookup (cisco.com) <>
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card