cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-AP2802I-D-K9 AP convert Lightweight to Mobility Express

Tarun Vyas
Level 1
Level 1

I am converting lightweight AP to mobility express mode but not success. please look below detail and suggest.

I required a standalone AP for my organization, so we have purchased  AIR-AP2802I-D-K9 AP.

So first time I logged in AP by console and checked show version. got below output.

cisco AIR-AP2802I-D-K9 ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l) with 1030580/712868K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID JIN2220B02F
AP Running Image : 8.2.151.0
Primary Boot Image : 8.2.151.0
Backup Boot Image : 0.0.0.0
2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
2 802.11 Radios
Radio Driver version : 9.0.5.5-W8964
Radio FW version : 9.1.8.1
NSS FW version :

Base ethernet MAC Address : 00:5D:73:AF:B9:AC

then I have follow below instruction link to convert Lightweight AP to Mobility Express mode.

https://www.semfionetworks.com/blog/convert-a-cisco-capwap-ap-to-a-mobility-express-ap

As instructed first upgrade 8.2 to higher version so i have upgraded to 8.5 then conver to mobility express with below command.

After running this command

AP00XD.7XAF.XXXX#ap-type mobility-express tftp://10.106.132.93/AIR-AP2800-K9-ME-8-10-142-0.tar

got below output

Starting the ME image download...
It may take a few minutes to finish download.
If it is longer, please abort command, check network connection and try again
######################################################################## 100.0%
Image transfer complete.
Image downloaded, writing to flash...
do CHECK_ME, part2 is active part
Image signing verify success.

[5/18/2018 4:2:53] Master now upgradedMaster now upgradedupgrade.sh: part to upgrade is part1
tar: write error: No space left on device
upgrade.sh: Command "tar -xf /tmp/part.tar -C /bootpart/part1" failed.
upgrade.sh: df /bootpart/part1
upgrade.sh: du -h /bootpart/part1
upgrade.sh: Writing image to disk...
sh: 1K-blocks: unknown operand
upgrade.sh: activate part1, set BOOT to part1
upgrade.sh: AP primary version: 8.10.142.0
Archive done.

AP00XD.7XAF.XXXX#reload
Proceed with reload? [confirm] y

After reload showing same old version and not a mobility express

cisco AIR-AP2802I-D-K9 ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l) with 1028528/655216K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID JIN2220B02F
AP Running Image : 8.5.105.0
Primary Boot Image : 8.5.105.0
Backup Boot Image : 0.0.0.0
2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
2 802.11 Radios
Radio Driver version : 9.0.5.5-W8964
Radio FW version : 9.1.8.1
NSS FW version : 2.4.18

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like this https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/ap3802-8-5-135-gt-8-10-121-quot-no-space-left-quot/m-p/4074362

Have you tried the workaround suggested there?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

[5/18/2018 4:2:53] Master now upgradedMaster now upgradedupgrade.sh: part to upgrade is part1
tar: write error: No space left on device

I think it complains about space left. See if you can clear some unwanted files and try upgrade

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Sounds like this https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/ap3802-8-5-135-gt-8-10-121-quot-no-space-left-quot/m-p/4074362

Have you tried the workaround suggested there?

I want to configure this AP standalone so configured Mobility-Express but here here even after SSID status showing BROADCAST but not showing in any laptop. This is single AP and I want to use standalone.

Now I have doubt I can not use AP which I have installed mobility express. What I can do if I want to use this AP as a standalone AP. This is for my company.....

Please find attachment for snapshot

Tarun Vyas
Level 1
Level 1

Can I get replay on my above query?

I've not played with ME myself so can only suggest resetting to factory default and starting again (which often solves odd problems like that).

Make sure you follow all steps in the config guide.

Check the logs carefully - you may find a clue to what's gone wrong there.

Otherwise you'll need to open a TAC case for Cisco assistance.

My one doubt is that "The AP which we are installing a mobility express and a alone AP. Will it work to connect the client with this AP or it will work as a controller only. I am not getting much on this topic on google.

A Mobility Express ap can be used as a controller and handle clients. This is the same as the new EWC AP’s that replaces Mobility Express. Basically you can just have one ap as a minimum.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Tarun Vyas
Level 1
Level 1

My Issue got resolved. While initial configuration by mistake I had selected wrong country code ID (Indonesia) instead of IN (India). After add country code IN and remove ID and reload AP my. Issue got resolved.

Actually in GUI it was nowhere showing country then I checked with CMD I got up my mistake.

Thanks All.....

I’m not a fan of Mobility Express, but as an example, with EWC, you need to disable the radios via the cli and then configure the country code before the radios come up. It’s always good to be familiar with the cli and not just 100% UI.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: