Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP1552SD-C-K9 could not discover WLC

Hanif Saharudin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

We have installed 1 unit 2504 WLC and 3 unit RAP. All RAP configured with the same configuration and tested before a 

All RAP configured and done tested, all joined WLC.

After a year, I power up the WLC and RAP once installed at site, one of the RAP is show could not discover WLC, another 2 RAP joined.

Already check for a port on switch, cable and found no issue with that.

Attached is the WLC config with all RAP config.

Kindly help me on this issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Hanif

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 1550 is an outdoor AP. All outdoor AP's require the Ethernet MAC address to be entered into the controller. Look for the Mac on the label and enter it on the controller Mac filter and the AP will join. 

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

This has nothing to do with the AP joining,  However, you should look at getting off the v8.0 code and look at v8.2.151.0.  We had soooooo many issue with v8.0 and any v8.2 was better:)

-Scott 

-Scott

Dear Scott,

Thanks for your response.

I already perform the MAC Filter at the WLC.

Another 2 RAP is joined, but this one RAP not joined.

Really need to update the v8.2? because another joined RAP use same V8.0 also and no problem to join.

Really not understand this kind of issue.

Kindly help to guide me how settle it.

Thanks.

Hanif

v8.2 was just informative and will not help you here. So you have two other RAP's up and the third one isn't coming up.  Have you looked at the switchport configuration and make sure that the cable is okay?  I always connect the outdoor AP's to the controller first by putting them on the same vlan as the controller. If you are using static and the AP for some reason doesn't join, on the output in the console, you will see the AP requesting a dhcp. I think the best thing to do right now is verify the switchport configuration, make sure the cable is okay and place the AP on the same subnet. Connect a console to the AP and power cycle the unit.  

-Scott 

-Scott

Dear Scott,

Thanks for your email.

I already perform as per you said. But it still not able to join WLC.

If AP connected to switch, we still able to see the MAC address even its not join right?

I perform command ''show ip arp'' in my WLC and in switch. It's that have an issue with the AP hardware?

Thanks for your support.

Hanif

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't see signs that the AP got a valid IP address.

Hi Leo,

Thanks for your response.

We already set the static IP. We use IP 10.51.14.13 for this AP.

WLC use 10.51.14.11.

Is it that true configured right?

interface BVI1
 mac-address 381c.1a22.5be0
 ip address 10.51.14.13 255.255.255.0

Thanks and best regards,

Hanif Saharudin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card