Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP3602E with Terrawave antennas

Customer is thinking of using Terrawave antennas with some AIR-CAP3602E-A access points.

I am wondering what the support impact is going to be with using non-Cisco Antennas for warrenty or support.

Is there a compatability document somewhere or is it up to the manufacturer of the antennas to provide that documentation?

Also what is the impact of connecting just three antenna leads to the 3602?  I am guessing that performance is drastically impacted.

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Using the Terrawave antenna won't voie any warranty, but if there appears to be an RF issue, TAC will have you remove it and use a Cisco Antenna to prove if the issue is the antenna or not.

As for only using 3 leads, you take the 3602 from a 4x4 down to a 3x3.  So yes you will take a bit of a performance hit. 

you could get an antenna that has more than 4 leads though, and just connect what you need.

http://www.terra-wave.com/shop/245-ghz-254-dbi-micro-mimo-ceiling-mount-omnidirectional-antenna-with-3-plenum-pigtails-and-rpsma-plug-connector-p-1775.html

For example

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Richard,

I never used this and i will not recommand to use other vendor anteena with cisco devices.

May be they will work and may be not.

For your better wireless enviournment you must use cisco antenna whcih is compatibale with 3600 AP.

Here is the link where you can find the antenna for 3600 AP.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-antennas-accessories/at_a_glance_c45-513837.pdf

Also check this :

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/3600/quick/guide/ap3600getstart.pdf

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

TerraWave makes good antennas.  As a matter of fact some Cisco antennas are made by TerraWave.  Search through their catalogue and get the antennas with 4 pig-tails.

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have customers who only use Terrawave antennas or PCTEL antennas and not Cisco antennas because of cost. They work fine for indoor and outdoor applications from what I have seen and tested in the past. These guys specialize in antennas, so it's not like they will not work. Don't expect to see the antennas in WCS/NCS/PI and like everyone else mentioned, TAC will not support these if you tell them that your using them:)

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

We planned to use antennas from another supplier to be used with 3702e. Our customer got info from Cisco that he won't be supported by Cisco because of use these antennas. So I found that TerraWave is Cisco Preferred Partner. Will Cisco support AP 3702e with antennas from TerraWave ?

We want to use this antenna http://www.terra-wave.com/shop/245-ghz-1011-dbi-panel-antenna-with-nstyle-jack-connector-p-2575.html.

Our customer got info from Cisco that he won't be supported by Cisco because of use these antennas. So I found that TerraWave is Cisco Preferred Partner.

Where do you think Cisco sources the antennas from?  Terrawave.  

Will Cisco support AP 3702e with antennas from TerraWave ?

Mmmmm ... Maybe not a 3702E but a 3702P.  The antenna you are trying to play with is really strong (10-/11 dBi).   Read the specification sheet HERE.  Exactly what are you trying to do?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card