Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP3602I-T-K9 and AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 APs

fm044m
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'd like to know if someone else has AIR-CAP3602I-T-K9 and   AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 on the same environment and if is there any kind of incompatibility between them. I am about to add both and have not tested yet.

Any hint will be appreciated.

Sincerely.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The issue would be with 802.11n clients. With a mixed environment you need to know that 802.11n clients tend to stick to 802.11n access points and not really roam to a non 802.11n access point.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I'd like to know if someone else has AIR-CAP3602I-T-K9 and   AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9 on the same environment and if is there any kind of incompatibility between them.

Are you going to be using WLC?  What countries are the APs going to be installed in?

3600 has a regulatory domain of "-T" (Brazil and Taiwan) while the 1130 has a regulatory domain of "-A" (US, etc.).

Wireless LAN Compliance Status

Hi Leo,

Thanks and well noted. This AP is gonna be installed in Brazil but WLC has a regulatory domain of US. So they should be changed to A  regulatory domain.

This AP is gonna be installed in Brazil but WLC has a regulatory domain of US. So they should be changed to A  regulatory domain.

If the WLC will have Brazil (-T) then the 1130 will not join the controller.

ok, before you do that.....

You can run your WLC with mutliple country codes

http://nostringsattachedshow.com/2012/02/02/multiple-country-codes-with-the-cisco-wlc/

and absolutely do not knowingly send a -A AP down to Brazil, you'd be violating regulatory domains and could be nailed with fines at a minimum.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The issue would be with 802.11n clients. With a mixed environment you need to know that 802.11n clients tend to stick to 802.11n access points and not really roam to a non 802.11n access point.

-Scott

thanks man, you are awesome ! That's a good thing to worry about.

I usually would disable 802.11n until all the AP's have been migrated.

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card