Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP3602I-x-K9 support how many clients at a time

Hi All,

I just want to Know how many users can connect to AIR-CAP3602I-x-K9  at singel point of time.

I am currently facing Threshold errors In 1140 AP where we can see that 12 client is recommended by cisco  https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2006534

Can anyone Please help me on this.

Regards

Swandip 

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Recommendation is around 25, but it depends on the applications using the wireless. Search this forum and you will find many post on this topic.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I just want to Know how many users can connect to AIR-CAP3602I-x-K9  at singel point of time.

This depends on a number of factors.  As what Scott has mentioned, the rule-of-thumb is 25 clients per WAP.  But this number can go up or down depending on the type of traffic you plan to push.  If, for example, you're going to say you're pushing nothing but emails,HTTP/HTTPS, etc. then this number may as well go up to 35.  However, if you plan to start pushing video then this number could potentially go down to 8 clients per WAP.

Now, take note that we are talking about 802.11a/n for video.  If you bring into the picture 802.11b clients then you may as well don't bother trying.

Another thing is the type of ethernet uplink you are trying to do.  I remembered reading someone trying to push 802.11n but using only a 2500 and his LAN switch is a non-gigethernet uplink to the WAP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card