cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CAP3702I-E-K9

vezeh
Level 1
Level 1

I have AIR-CAP3702I-E-K9 running in my environment. From the datasheet for these devices, I understand that they have dual-band radios.

My controllers have a regulatory domain set for Nigeria. After APs associate and register to the controller and I check the wireless section of the controller, I cannot see any of the APs listed under dual-band.

Is there a way to activate the dual band radios or is it my regulatory domain that is hindering the APs from broadcasting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency SSIDs?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

You have to check 802.11a/n/ac for the 5 GHz and 802.11b/g/n for the 2.4 GHz radio.

The menu Dual-Band Radios is for the new 1800/2800/3800 series, which support FRA. They can change their 2.4 GHz radio to 5 GHz, to offer two independent 5 GHz ranges. 

View solution in original post

Ah good. What I find more useful than the Prime in this regard, on the WLC clock on Home (top right) and then on Wireless Dashboard on the left. There you have a live view of the attached clients and their supported rates, signal strength and if they are 802.11ac or older. Please note, only an 802.11ac AP can report an AC client, an 802.11n AP will report an 802.11ac client as an N client.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I think you are talking about " Flexible Radio Assignment " whcih is not available in 3702 APs.

It is avaialble on 2800, 3800 and 4800 APs.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

@Sandeep Choudhary wrote:

I think you are talking about " Flexible Radio Assignment " whcih is not available in 3702 APs.

It is avaialble on 2800, 3800 and 4800 APs.

Regards

Does this mean that my 3702 APs cannot offer 5GHz radio signals?

The reason I am asking is this, a Wi-Fi analyzer tool (Wi-Fi commander) was used for a scan and some SSIDs were being broadcasted as 802.11ac from some APs, but when I check the controller, none of the APs supports 802.11ac.

Is there any Cisco documentation I can refer to?

its support 5 Ghz (802.11n and 802.11ac).

chekc the datasheet:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/3700-series-access-point/data_sheet_c78-729421.html

Regards

Hi

You have to check 802.11a/n/ac for the 5 GHz and 802.11b/g/n for the 2.4 GHz radio.

The menu Dual-Band Radios is for the new 1800/2800/3800 series, which support FRA. They can change their 2.4 GHz radio to 5 GHz, to offer two independent 5 GHz ranges. 

@patoberli wrote:

Hi

Oh, thanks a lot. I think this information is what I really needed.

I also noticed that when I checked Cisco Prime for the protocols clients were using to connect to the wireless network, some clients connected via 802.11ac. That answer clears the doubt about the APs supporting both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies.

Ah good. What I find more useful than the Prime in this regard, on the WLC clock on Home (top right) and then on Wireless Dashboard on the left. There you have a live view of the attached clients and their supported rates, signal strength and if they are 802.11ac or older. Please note, only an 802.11ac AP can report an AC client, an 802.11n AP will report an 802.11ac client as an N client.

Oh nice, I just checked it out.

Thanks a million
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: