Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-CT5520-K9 does not work with GLC-LH-SMD=

huypd
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys, I need your help.

I have a Controller AIR-CT5520-K9 Does not work with module GLC-LH-SMD=. Two side with same GLC-LH-SMD=.

Only one port SFP used.

Please troubleshoot this problem

20 Replies 20

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
This behaviour was already known in early firmware versions.
The workaround is to have a GLC-TX always in port 1 and port 2 can be any SFP.

Hi Mr Leo Laohoo, Thank you for helping me.
Can you explain for me why we need to do that, so i can explain for my customer

Just tell them to do that... it’s not hard to say that port 1 is mandatory for module detection.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Mr Scott Fella, I just told them do that.

They installed module GLC-TE in port 1, and GLC-LH-SMD= in port 2 and restart the device.

But after reboot, two ports SFP still in 1G and Still link down ( The picture i send )

Please give me some advice.

Sorry guys,

That is two ports still in 10G ( led 10Gb ) and still " Link down "

What firmware is the controller running on?

The firmware the controller running on is: 8.3.143.0

Thank you for helping me Sir.

- GLC-LH-SMD is 1G SFP *not* 10G!
- Data sheet https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/5520-wireless-controller/datasheet-c78-734257.html#Productspecifications clearly says: 2 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces or 2 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
- 8.3 code is effectively end of life so you should be looking to run 8.5.161.0 or later. Check https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html and release notes to make sure all your hardware is supported on the chosen release.
- You said "The picture i send" but didn't attach any pictures.
- Provide output of "show port summary", "show port detailed-info" and "debug fastpath cfgtool --dump.sfp"

Hi Mr RRudling,

Yes, We knew GLC-LH-SMD is 1G SFP. But I dont know why when my customer installed GLC-LH-SMD=, the controller still power up led 10G. but no led in the port 1 and port 2. In WebUI, status of two ports is " link down " 

Well we don't know that either.
I've made my suggestions above and asked for info that might help diagnose your problem but up to you whether you do anything with that advice.
And carefully read https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCux76294 - key point: both SFPs must be inserted before WLC is powered on - hot-swap/OIR is not supported.
Otherwise I suggest you open a case with Cisco TAC and let them work it out for you.

Wait, what? Port 1 does not have GLC-TX? Still?

Hi Mr Leo Laohoo, 

They plug GLC-TE in port 1, GLC-LH-SMD in port 2 and restart the controller.

After boot up, the led 10Gb bright, but status in two ports is " link down "

Port 2: GLC-LH-SMD have line in from switch
Port 1: GLC-TE No line in, just plug in the module

Please just take the advice from rrudling & Leo.... insert a supported 1G or 10G module in port 1 and the same module in port 2 if you will use it or not and reboot the controller.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi guys, Color two ports SFP in Web UI is red.
What is that mean?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card