cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-LAP1042N-E-K9 %CAPWAP-5-DHCP_RENEW

serdar.bsgn1
Level 1
Level 1

It keeps saying %CAPWAP-5-DHCP_RENEW: Could not discover WLC using DHCP IP
. Renewing DHCP IP. then nothing happens. I want to turn device defaults and i dont know how. 

I'm using Hyperterminal to access my device.

25 Replies 25

did you assign the ip to your laptop where TFTP server is running and to AP ?

I assigned ip to AP in terminal like this 10.0.0.5 and subnet is 255.0.0.0 then i opened the settings for network and entered to TCP/IPv4 settings 

Ip address : 10.0.0.1

Subnet mask : 255.0.0.0

Default gateway: 10.0.0.5

I use SolarWinds TFTP server and I placed the tar files in the location C:\TFTP-Root 

as the program said so what now. it still gives me socket error

I really appreciated all of you from your support. 

I think the problem is TFTP server of mine. Because AP pings PC and then when i put the command it waits then;

AP2c54.2d19.09eb#ping 10.0.0.1

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.0.0.1, timeout is 2 seconds:
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/200/1000 ms
AP2c54.2d19.09eb#$ad /overwrite tftp://10.0.0.1/c1140-k9w7-tar.153-3.JB.tar
examining image...
%Error opening tftp://10.0.0.1/c1140-k9w7-tar.153-3.JB.tar (Timed out)
archive download: takes 41 seconds

I dont know how to configure it just started TFTP server and put files in the root directory. What should i do from now on?

Is this a windows box? If it is, make sure that you uncheck the box 'hide known file extensions' in the folder options. If that box is checked, it's possible that your file name is ending in .tar.tar, but not showing it, and that would cause the TFTP server to not return the file, as the AP is 'technically' an incorrect file name.

HTH,

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

its not ending with .tar.tar just tar. I checked and as you said it was checked so i unchecked it. Tried the same things but it still gives the same error. I think i didn't do the right configuration in TFTP server. I looked to TFTP server program's settings and it is like  in the attachment. I dont think thats nothing wrong but of course you guys know better than me. Should I do anything please respond. 

(In the attachment it says my ip is 192.168.2.76 but I change it when i try to send files to ip. Otherwise I cant connect internet.) 

Regards

Is the windows firewall enabled? That would block TFTP by default.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Yes it is enabled and now i gave TFTP program all the permission i can give its working on administrator and firewall doesnt blocks it but it still the same problem.

I dont want to give up on this but it looks like dead end to me. I will try every opinion from now on so just tell me what to do.

Thank you all for your patience.

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10805501/dhcp-issue-lightweight-access-point-and-wlc-4404

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to the link which should help you-

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10841111/lightweight-autonomous

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

sobhardw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to the below link :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12230341/cap3502i-k9-error-capwap-3-dhcprenew-could-not-discover-wlc-using-dhcp-ip

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card