Views
Helpful
Replies

AIR-SAP2602I-E-K9 5Ghz Speed

kaliusuk1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I need some help, please

Are you able to help me with my AIR-SAP2602I-E-K9??

When I enabled the 5Ghz network it can only reach speed 54Mb/s. Can this be increased? I can't see any higher speed. Many thanks for your support.

My current config is:

Product/Model Number:AIR-SAP2602I-E-K9
 Top Assembly Serial Number:FCZ182xxxxx
 System Software Filename:ap3g2-k9w7-xx.152-2.JB
 System Software Version:15.2(2)JB
 Bootloader Version:BOOTLDR: C3600 Boot Loader (AP3G2-BOOT-M) LoaderVersion 12.4(25e)JAY, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Make sure you are using an open SSID or WPA2/AES and also change the channel width to 40Mhz.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott.

Thanks for your reply. I've changed all that you have recommended but the speed remains at 54 max. I don't know where else I can see settings. Do you need any more screenshots?

Maybe I need to update my AP?

cisco.JPG

That is not the speed....So don’t even look at that. 54mbps what you see there is data rates and that is how it is on all access points. Now your devices need to support 802.11n and 5ghz to utilize higher throughput.
-Scott

Do I need to do anything else? I have another 5G network and on speedtest.net I have nearly 5Ghz when connected to that WiFi. When checking through Cisco AP the speed is still below 54Mb/s

Am I doing something wrong here?

Throughput is dependent on the client device capabilities and the ap and or wireless system. The data rate is for basic OFDM, which you will always see 1mbps to 54mbps. 802.11n is supported on your access point which allows up to around 150mbps on your client, not on your ap. Open SSID and WPA2/AES is supported by 802.11n. So make sure that is set and your wireless device supports 802.11n. Maybe paste your config so we can see if you are configuring it wrong.
-Scott

Scott.

I'm not professional in Cisco at all. Would it be easier if I allow port 80 so you can have a look? Can you please send me a private message? 

Go ahead an send me a pm…. I will take a look when I get a chance.
-Scott

PM sent.
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card