Views
Helpful
Replies

AirCap 3602i Configuration, Workaround?

uatciscoaccount
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I am in need of some assistance with the implimentaion of the AirCap 3602i wireless access points.

1. Is there a way to manually configure a AirCap 3602i to function without a WAN controller?

2. I have an older 4402 WAN controller that will upgrade to 7.0.235 firware, since the AIrCap 3602i requires 7.2.X firmware, is there a workaround for this?

Thank you very much for any information you may provide.

CK

23 Replies 23

rafael.samora
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Mark,

Look:

1 - Yes, you need check if you are using one Autonomous IOS.

2 - I check here you are right the min release 7.1.91.0 to running and I'm not sure to say if work on 7.0.235.3. I think not.

Regards.

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mark

If you're asking does a 3600 support autonomous yes and no ..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-20537

It's support for site survey ..

Hope this helps

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

An autonomous IOS for the 1600/2600/3600 is now available.  There are currently two versions of the 15.2(2).  Please DO NOT use the JA version if you want to do 802.1Q trunking.

One thing good about the new 15.2(2) aIOS is the newly redesigned configuration GUI.  So go ahead and check it out.

PS:  You cannot run the 3600 on a 4400 controller.  There is no workaround now.  There is no workaround in the future.  The 4400 does not have enough grunt to support the 7.1.X or 7.2.X firmware.  This is one of the reasons.

Leo -- Is this now offically supported or still only survey mode?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

Hi George

here you go.

15.2.2JB

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/15.2_2_JB.html#wp355587

Support for AP1550, AP3500E, AP3500I, AP3600E, and AP3600I,

This release provides complete software functionality to AP1550, AP3500E, AP3500I, AP3600E, and AP3600I series access points.

15.2.2JA

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/15_2_2_JArn.html#wp288972

Support for Cisco Aironet 2600 Series Access Points

This release supports standalone Cisco Aironet 2600 Series Access Points. Detailed information and configuration procedures for autonomous (standalone) access point are in Chapter 6

Site-Survey Only Mode for 3600, 3500, and 1550 Access Points

You can install Cisco IOS Release 15.2(2)JA on Cisco Aironet 3600 and 3500 Series access points and on 1550 series outdoor access points to perform site surveys.

+5 .. When was this released ?

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

17-DEC-2012, couple of days ago. The gui mimic the wlc.

Hi Saravanan,

The newly released 7.4 code, does it bring the WiSM-2 base-ap-count to 1500?  I can see it in "Licenses" but I can't get an answer from our SE.

Hi Leo

7.4 release notes doesn't mention about it. also i checked the other day and was told there is no change in ap support limit for wism2. please share the link that shows 1500.

also, i checked the wism2 datasheet and couldn't see 1500 unless i'm missing something.

Thanks

Hi Saravanan,

Look below. 

Leo

I see youre still posting and its 12/21 so the world didnt end ..

Since we are on the subject of WISM2, does it create 1 or 2 chanel groups ? I plugged in the WISM 2 it shows 2 channel groups but only 1 being used ..

Since we are on the subject of WISM2, does it create 1 or 2 chanel groups ? I plugged in the WISM 2 it shows 2 channel groups but only 1 being used ..

I got to distro ports since upgraded to 7.3 (if memory serves me correct).  Currently, with 7.4, I've got both UP/UP.

I see youre still posting and its 12/21 so the world didnt end ..

We're ahead of the Internation Date Line.  This is the Mayan Calendar so we'll know tomorrow. 

Sorry -- i dont understand ..

So you have 2 channel groups or no?

You're right.  I have a single 10 Gbps etherchannel.  Don't know what happened to the second link.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: