Views
Helpful
Replies

AireOS EoGRE tunnels

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

The EoGRE feature on Cisco WLC's is new to me but looks like it is a good solution for some problems.  However, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the terminology and how it all works.  I'm a bit puzzled about the functions of realms and domains.  As far as I understand so far I created a new interface on my WLC and used that as the source of my tunnel.  I then attach that tunnel to my SSID.  When the traffic gets to the other end, if I tunnel several SSID's, what differentiates the traffic at the tunnel endpoint such that it gets attached to the correct tunnel and subnet?  When I look at an example tunnel endpoint config in the following url

https://content.cisco.com/chapter.sjs?uri=/searchable/chapter/content/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/interface/configuration/xe-3s/ir-xe-3s-book/ir-eogre.html.xml#d18683e701a1635

What is the differentiator that drops specific SSID traffic onto a specific tunnel?  I want to tunnel maybe 3 SSIDs to the other end.

Please excuse any questions that seem basic but this is a new feature to me.  I have always used Anchor controllers to tunnel traffic to where I want it to exit.

Thanks, Kev.

1 Reply 1

KevinR99
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve worked out that the differentiator is a vlan that you can apply to a eogre profile.  Once the traffic gets to the tunnel endpoint you can apply a vlan to each tunnel and the matching vlan determines the tunnel the SSID joins.  The interface/vlan the SSID is attached to on the WLC becomes irrelevant.  It is the vlan in the profile that’s important.  One other thing though, I can’t understand the use of realms in the profile.  Anyone used this feature?

Thanks again for any input, Kev.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card