Views
Helpful
Replies

Airoenet 2802i on wlc 5520 POE / DC Power

fazmeister4
Level 1
Level 1

We are receiving bucketloads of messages similar to the below

%CDP-4-DUPLEX_MISMATCH: duplex mismatch discovered on GigabitEthernet2/0/40 (not half duplex)

When I look at the AP it always shows as DC / Full Power rather than POE / Full Power. What exactly does this mean as they have no external power supply ?

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As far as the duplex message is concerned , make sure that the switchport the AP is connected too ,is set to auto-speed , and duplex-auto (too) as a default. I can only assume that full power means that the AP is happy , but to verify this, watch a complete boot from a console-connected AP , or issue show logging on the AP just after it booted.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

greg.paschall
Level 1
Level 1

It sounds like you are hitting CSCvi02106 which is really a CDP reporting issue on the WAVE 2 access points.

I have seen various PoE values as well, from "PoE/Full Power" to "Power injector / Full Power" all while using PoE from the switch. Like the CDP duplex mismatch messages, this appears to be cosmetic. I have not seen any reporting "DC / Full Power" but it may be a difference in code. We are currently running 8.5.140.0.

Thanks for the replies, we generally have the switch set to auto / auto and I have tried setting the duplex on the port to half / full and speed 100 / 1000 but it had no effect. setting the speed to 100 effectively took it out of the etherchannel.

We have other APs that are fine on different ether channels with the same settings which are fine. The only difference I can see is that the ones that don't log an issue show the power as POE , whereas the duplex loggers show it as DC. Bizarre

There was at least one bug causing this visual output, without any influence to the actual workings of the AP.
What software version are you running?

Hi 

My AP is AIR-CAP1702I-D-K9 connecting to SG350 sw. On the WLC 2504 I am seeing DC full power instead of POE full power. 

Please let me know the  about the visual bug. I am running 8.5.130 IOS on the WLC.

Regards,

Eash 

Hello fazmeister4,

I think this a cosmetic error issue, I had an AP that appears this error, but work normally, after a time without changes, the error cant sees again.

If you don't have a problem I don't know if the upgrade is the best way.

Please rate and mark posts accordingly if you have found any of the information provided useful.
It will hopefully assist others with similar issues in the future.

Best regards,
Lucas Freitas

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card