cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1100 won't show IP Addr. w/ IPSU

fourwindsri
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to set up a Aironet 1100. I enter the mac addr. into the IPSU and get a error - device does not answer. I've reset the device, ng. Tried 2 different computers, ng. I cannot get to the config. page. Any ideas?

11 Replies 11

scottmac
Level 10
Level 10

You must be on the same LAN/VLAN segment for IPSU to work (no routers or L3 switches).

Good Luck

Scott

I am having the same problem, and I am on the same LAN. We have two AP's and I can pull the other's IP just fine.

Just to be sure, I unplugged the good-reporting AP and plugged in the not-so-good one in it's place. Still can't pull IP. Officially frustrated.

I took mine apart and found a different macd addr on the transmitter card inside. Tried that and failed!

I've tried going direct from every network port on every pc I own! Still won't work!

perrypillard
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved? I am having the exact same problem...

No, I'm living with it for now! I have it set up for a wi-fi vacation rental next door to my house. I've turned offf all sharing on the computers for this house when we have renters & shut it down when vacant.

I've never managed to get the IPSU working, never, not once! The alternative is to check your DHCP server for the MAC address of the AP to see which address it has leased. No hassle, works every time.

Unforetunately, we have a simple workgroup network, and the only DHCP system we have is a simple VPN router, which only reports up to 25 connections. Very frustrating.

We have plans to upgrade to real domain server, but haven't got enough of our immediate brush fires out to jump on that project just yet.

Plan B: Get yourself a copy of tftpd from here:

http://tftpd32.jounin.net/

A very lightweight TFTP & DHCP server (amongst other things). Install on a PC and connect to the new AP with a cross lead (or in such a way that the PC and AP are isolated from the main LAN). Start TFTPD and configure a DHCP scope, power on the AP and watch the TFTPD log screen. Connect to the AP with a browser and give it a static address on the main LAN.

Plan C: Connect a console cable to the AP and reboot it, watch the boot process carefully and you'll see the IP address it leases.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: