cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1220 + RADIUS + Session-Timeout

mark
Level 1
Level 1

We are using RADIUS to do MAC authentication as well as set the SSID / VLAN for the client. However, our Aironet 1220 (12.02T1) does not seem to be using the Session-Timeout attribute.

Cisco references using RADIUS attribute 27 (Session-Timeout) to limit the WEP key session duration (using ACS as the authentication server).

Does the Aironet 1220 use this attribute? Does it only use it in the context of WEP key expiration (i.e., will Session-Timeout work without getting into dynamically generating WEP keys)? Has anyone had luck using this attribute with RADIUS servers other than ACS?

Thank you!

1 Reply 1

mark
Level 1
Level 1

I would love to know more information about "Cisco-Aironet-Session-Timeout", such as its definition.

RADIUS (Cisco Aironet) Settings—This section allows you to enable the specific attribute for RADIUS (Cisco Aironet). The single Cisco Aironet RADIUS VSA, Cisco-Aironet-Session-Timeout, is a specialized implementation of the IETF RADIUS Session-Timeout attribute (27). When Cisco Secure ACS responds to an authentication request from a Cisco Aironet Access Point and the Cisco-Aironet-Session-Timeout attribute is configured, Cisco Secure ACS sends to the wireless device this value in the IETF Session-Timeout attribute. This enables you to provide different session timeout values for wireless and wired end-user clients. For detailed procedural information, see Setting Protocol Configuration Options for Non-IETF RADIUS Attributes.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_soft/csacs4nt/acs31/acsuser/i.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: