Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1252 bridge and 802.11n

urvininocente
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two Cisco Aironet 1252  that I want to configure as a point-2-point bridge. Now I want to know if this configuration supports the 802.11n protocol.

Regards,

Screech

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So long as you have the right antennas for the distance, and can get RSSI/SNR that will do the N rates, yes you can do N bridging.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Scott,

I found the following statemen in the release note of IOS 12.4 (25d) (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/12_4_25d._JArn.html#wp291685)

802.11n HT Rates Apply Only to No Encryption or WPA2/AES Encryption

The 802.11n HT rates apply only to no encryption or WPA2/AES encryption. They do not apply to WEP or WPA encryption. If WEP or TKIP encryption is used, the 1250 series access points and any 802.11n Draft 2.0 clients will not transmit at the HT rates. Legacy rates (802.11a/b/g) will be used for any clients using WEP or TKIP encryption

Given this statement how do I configure AES encryption on the aironets 1252 that are configured in bridge mode as I do not see this option. If possible please provide steps using the web interface.

Regards,

Screech

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card