Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 2602I-E-K9

Buongiorno

sono nuovo del forum e grazie per essermi potuto iscrivermi.

Io ho un AP 2602 che mi e' stato regalato da un amico che lo ha smontato da uno stabile dove hanno montato dei modelli piu recenti,adesso io voglio collegarlo alla mia rete internet di casa ma ho cercato di resettarlo ma credo di non esserci riuscito in quanto,quando vado a collegarlo sul router trovo il suo indirizzo ip ma da broswer se lo chiamo non mi appare la schermata di accesso.Gentilmente mi aiutate? Potete spiegarmi come fare?

GRAZIE!

46 Replies 46

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
I didn't fully understand your Italian, but I hope you understand my English answer :)

First of all, you need a Cisco console to make your life much more easy. Then you need to find out if your access point (AP) has an Autonomous or lightweight image installed. For lightweight you require a Wireless Controller (WLC) or you need to convert it to Autonomous.
See here for a manual: https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-wireless-mobility-subjects/convert-a-2602i-from-lightweight-to-autonomous/td-p/2236983
You require download access to the Autonomous image though.

If your AP is already running in Autonomous mode, here is the setup with many options explained:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/15-3-3/configuration/guide/cg15-3-3/cg15-3-3-chap4-first.html

Grazie per la tua risposta

in allegato hai uo screenshot del AP con applicazione Putty.

Credo che sia in modalita' autonoma,comunque non riesco a far partire il file tar con TFTP32 pur avendo impostato tutto.

Can you boot it normally and show me the output?

I should quickly see it, based on the log, if it is in autonomous or lightweight (it will search for a controller).

Here would be the rommon upgrade manual:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-wireless-mobility-subjects/convert-a-2602i-from-lightweight-to-autonomous/m-p/2236987/highlight/true#M55562

Buongiorno e grazie sempre per la tua collaborazione.

In allegato altri screenshot riguardanti AP in questione collegato solo alla porta consolle e alimentazione elettrica.( Nessuna pressione tasto Mode)

Thank, yes your AP is currently running a lightweight (LWAPP / CAPWAP) image. That means you have to convert it first as per my previous links to an Autonomous model.

La procedura da seguire e' questa? Guarda screenshot allegato.Grazie.

Yes use that procedure.

Download the latest available software release for autonomous from here:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/284362257/type/284180979/release/15.3.3-JF10

Here again (with a small correction):

You need to perform these steps:

• Restart the Access Point
  • While it loads the image in flash, press Escape, you’ll enter ROMMON mode:

The system boot has been aborted. The following

commands will finish loading the operating system
software:

ether_init

tftp_init

boot

• Set the IP address for the gigabit 0 interface:

ap: set IP_ADDR 10.0.0.1

ap: set netmask 255.255.255.0

• Initialize the tftp, ethernet and flash subsystems:

ap: tftp_init

tftp_init success: You can now use tftp file system!

ap: ether_init

Initializing ethernet port 0...

Ethernet speed is 100 Mb - FULL Duplex

ap: flash_init

Initializing Flash...

...The flash is already initialized.

• Load the image from TFTP and extract it to flash:

ap: tar -xtract tftp://10.0.0.100/ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JF10.tar flash:

• After it’s done, set the correct bootimage:

ap: set BOOT flash://ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JF10/ap3g2-k9w7-xx.153-3.JF10

• Boot the system:

ap: boot

Ok,Perfetto!

Ho bisogno pero' di alcune spiegazioni:

Il file ultima versione non posso scaricarlo dal sito cisco perche non dispongo di un contratto con loro

pero' ne ho un'altro  piu vecchio reperito in rete e non so se posso utilizzare quello.( Guarda Screenshot File AP 2602 Cisco 2).

Nella procedura elencata quando si arriva a questo punto non riesco a capire ap: tar -xtract tftp://10.0.0.100/ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JF10.tar flash: 

perche' 10.0.0.100 ? Nel mio caso sara' 10.0.0.2 ( Guarda Screenshot Scheda di rete AP 2602 Cisco )

Appena si lancia il comando sopra elencato da Putty (ap: tar -xtract tftp://10.0.0.100/ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JF10.tar flash: ) 

bisogna in contemporanea lanciare anche un programma server TFTP ( TFTP32 o TFTP64 )in modo che il file venga estratto da li?( Dico giusto o sto sbagliando? )

GRAZIE!

Scusami ma forse ho dimenticato lo screenshot del file della possibile sostituzione.Lo allego qui.

GRAZIE!

That version you downloaded should work, but it's already 5 years old and probably has a few (but I don't think critical) bugs.

Yes change the IP address either on your computer on in the line to the correct one. It must match on the copy line with the one of your computer.

You must be running a TFTP server on your computer, for example TFTP32. Configure it so that the "root directory" is your "Nuova cartella" directory shown in the second screenshot. I suggest you put the file into c:\temp\ and set this as the TFTP root directory. Please note, the Windows Firewall typically blocks the TFTP access and I suggest you disable it while trying to upgrade the AP software.

Scusami ma il file ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JF10.tar quando si copia nella cartella di destinazione del server TFTP32 non va rinominato cosi'?  ap3g2-k9w7-tar.default 

se cosi fosse va cambiato solo nella cartella di destinazione TFTP

o anche qui?   ap: tar -xtract tftp://10.0.0.100/ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JF10.tar flash:

e anche qui? ap: set BOOT flash://ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JF10/ap3g2-k9w7-xx.153-3.JF10

Grazie!

Yes you need to adjust the file and folder name to the file you have downloaded. Just replace the letters and numbers as they are in the downloaded file. You don't need to extract anything on the computer, the accesspoint will extract the file himself.

Buongiorno

quindi se ho capito bene devo procedere in questo modo:

• Carica l'immagine da TFTP ed estraila in flash:

ap: tar -xtract t ftp://10.0.0.2/ ap3g2-k9w7-tar.default flash:   ( 10.0.0.2 e' la mia scheda di rete )

• Al termine, imposta il bootimage corretto: ( questo lo devo lasciare cosi' o va modificato anche questo? )

ap: imposta il flash BOOT: // ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JF10 /ap3g2-k9w7-xx.153-3.JF10

• Avvia il sistema:

ap: boot

No.

It should work like this:
tar -xtract t ftp://10.0.0.2/ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JAB.tar flash:
set BOOT flash://ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JAB/ap3g2-k9w7-xx.153-3.JAB
boot
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: