Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 2702 in Autonomous mode

shijomon scaria
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have got an AIR-CAP2702I-E-K9. Is it possible to make it work in autonomous mode. As per the data sheet it will work both in controller based and stand alone. But how ?? Need to change the image ?? Now it has a combined image.

Thanks in advance.

Shijo.

20 Replies 20

glennhensley01
Level 1
Level 1

Can you supply a little better detail on how you got the image uploaded?  I boot the AP in manual boot and get to the

AP:

Screen.

But from here, if I try to send xmodem from Secure CRT it just times out.

I'm not sure how to get the IOS image on this AP.

Please advise.

Glenn

Hi glen hensley 01

I need you help. I got new aironet 2702i friend of mine but I can not set it. I have nothing at all aironet, I watche anywhere you I have instlellen from console. can you give me easy way blessing.

thank you

Greetings: Artyom

Hi Shijomon,

Unfortunately from the Cisco Downloads section the only images available are the standalone and Lightweight images. The unified Image is only available if requested from purchase. If you buy a 2702 from a retailer it is likely that the unit will not come with the unified image since that item could have been in shelf some time before the image was announced (depending on their stock refresh). The best way to ensure the unit will come with the unified image is to explicitly request the image to your retailer, if they do not have the units with the image they will most likely order them from Cisco or Distributor with the correct image.

Seem after adding contract, it successful let's me download the Autonomous Version of IOS

what I do 

1) add contract

2) May be this step can be skip -> call to HK local tech support hotline ( you can ask you local techsupport hotline by Cisco web site live chat)

3) hotline confirm me correct add the contract on myCisco account.

4) on firmware download page  - > don't click download directly -> click detail -> then click download

5) start download

I want to share this with you as you guys helped me go in the right direction BUT still wasnt working correctly, it took me 7hrs but now i have it working! I hope this helps and saves you all sometime, steps as below

reboot AP and press Escape key to put into ROM mode, put TFTP Server (tftp32) on 10.0.0.2/24 

Type in each line one by one

set IP_ADDR 10.0.0.1
set NETMASK 255.255.255.0

set DEFAULT_ROUTER 10.0.0.254

ether_init
tftp_init

tar -xtract tftp://10.0.0.2/ap3g2-k9w7-tar.153-3.JF.tar flash:

set BOOT flash:/ap3g2-k9w7-mx.153-3.JF/ap3g2-k9w7-mx.153-3.JF

boot

The AP will boot in Standalone mode :)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card