cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 2702E-E-K9 and channels 120, 124, 128

MARC MONTANARI
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WLC under version 7.6.130 and some APs 2702 and 3702.  When trying to set the channels manually ("custom" ) from the WLC, I cannot find the choices 120, 124, 128. Can somebody tell why we cannot set up these values ?  Our APs have been ordered for the ETSI ("E") regulatory domain.

Thanks. Marc.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look under the wireless tab and then 802.11a/n/ac. Then go to RRM > DCA and you have to enable the channels to be available. These are the unii-2 extended. Be careful using these is devices don't support them as they will cause more issue for you.

EDIT:

Sorry but they are not unii-2 extended. I don't even think those are valid channels to use.  

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look under the wireless tab and then 802.11a/n/ac. Then go to RRM > DCA and you have to enable the channels to be available. These are the unii-2 extended. Be careful using these is devices don't support them as they will cause more issue for you.

EDIT:

Sorry but they are not unii-2 extended. I don't even think those are valid channels to use.  

-Scott

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your answer.

About your last sentence : "if devices don't support them as they will cause more issue for you".

Do you mean my user devices (PCs, Tablets) or the Access Points themselves ?

What kind of problems do you mean ?

Thanks. Marc.

You need to look at the manufacture website to see if they support unii-2 extended.... many devices do not support those channels and if an access point uses those channels, well the device will not be able to communicate and it would seem like there is no coverage.  That is why you need to be careful when enabling unii-2 extended.

-Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card