cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 2802 search CAPWAP

Fab_BN
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, my company has purchased an Aironet AIR-AP2802E-E-K9C. My hardware vendor tells me that this model can be used without a controller. But the hardware is looking for a CAPWAP (discovery). I saw on the Cisco forum that some people so convert their device into stadalone, but now as soon as I want to download an image, I am asked for a contract. What should I do ?
The version is 8.2.151.0 when I type sh version. I am not an expert in Cisco
Thanks for your help.

1 Accepted Solution
10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Carefully read the Cisco Security Advisory called "Multiple Vulnerabilities in Wi-Fi Protected Access and Wi-Fi Protected Access II" and scroll down to the  "Customers Without Service Contracts" section.  Read very, very carefully the first two paragraphs with emphasis on the second paragraph. 

The process to convert from CAPWAP to Mobility Express can be found HERE.

Hope this helps. 

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
This is weird, you ordered a -K9C, which means one with built in controller (that's what the C stands for). Can you check on the sticker on the AP if you really have received an -K9C model and not a -K9?
Here the ordering guide: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-1830-series-access-points/guide-c07-738528.pdf
Normally you could just power it on, wait till it's fully powered up, connect a client to the newly broadcasted SSID and configure it.
For downloading software you'll require a Cisco Smartnet contract, or your reseller can open your account directly with Cisco.

Hello and thank you for your answer. On the AP it is written K9 and on the packaging board CISCO Prod # K9C Base P / N K9. I'm lost.
I asked my dealer to take the necessary steps with CIsco.

Hmm... I never had a K9C in my hands, so I don't exactly know if the sticker should state K9C. But if it's showing on the packaging, you might have the right one. After you have powered it on, do you see a new Wireless network?
See here for the first steps guide (for a different model, but should be identical):
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/1/user_guide/b_ME_User_Guide/getg_start.html

Thank you.
No, I do not see a new SSID on my network. On the other hand, I can see that the AP obtains an IP address from my LAN.

Yeah that sounds like you received the wrong unit. Have you ordered one or many APs? If many, then check all the others. You require just one with the controller function.
Also check the serial number on the box and on the AP, are they the same?
Anyway, I think you received the wrong model in the box.

The French Support Cisco confirmed me, this a K9C.

My dealer took over the K9. I ordered a K9C on another site. Its good. After the small configuration it tells me "config not synced to aps since no ap is present". It does not have a wireless network. I do not know what to do, I do not know much about Cisco. Help me please.

Enter User Name (or 'Recover-Config' this one-time only to reset configuration to factory defaults)

User: Config not synced to APs

Hello,
I received version 8.6 to deploy on my AIR-AP2802E ME. What is the command to type in order to upgrade my Mobility Express 8.3 access point to 8.6 Mobility Express. I already install the TFTP server. I find that the conversion command but it does not interest me.
Thank you very much.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card